Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD finally found my dream guitar 54 fender black guard telecaster - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD finally found my dream guitar 54 fender black guard telecaster

What's Hot
After many years of looking ive finally got a black guard telecaster!

the guitar is dated to 54 with the TG signed and dated neck and the flat pole piece bridge pickup to me its the best sounding telecaster ive ever had and ive had alot!

I found the guitar while on tour in the states last week its a refin and the switch has been changed but ive got the original switch in the case.. the guitar is super light and resonate i really can't belive ive got a real blackguard! 

ive attached some pictures and live pic of it also .. cheeers james 

0reaction image LOL 32reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• 0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• 0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Congratulations mate! Does it twang!? 

I hope you get many years of fun playing that thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I saw those clips on Youtube and wondered if you’d bought a 52 RI, another Dearnaley, or even a Roadworn… sounds like an amazing guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Cool. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    Congrats James. A dream guitar indeed! Nice to know you will playing it as it should be, instead of hanging on some collectors wall.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    Great playing James, sounds like the guitar found you!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jimbro66 said:
    Congrats James. A dream guitar indeed! Nice to know you will playing it as it should be, instead of hanging on some collectors wall.
    Yes, totally agree with this! Congratulations, that looks ace. 
  • SRD81SRD81 Frets: 287
    Such a cool guitar and as has been said, so lovely to see it being played live by somebody with your talent. Hope you enjoy it 
  • KDSKDS Frets: 211
    Wooooooow 
  • Congratulations it looks the mutts nuts!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Well done James. That sounds marvellous.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Congrats - It sounds f*cking awesome in the hands of someone who knows what to do with it - So glad you've both found each other - It has the twang but without that nasty ice pick clang - I see you are playing shortly at the Kempton Guitar Show - I'll be there exciting with a stand, but sadly never get chance to see the live clinics - Will you be taking that Tele to the show

Don't worry about the odd component not been original, or indeed a refin - It is there to do what you do with it and that is to play it - Does it still have original frets or a good regret - You often find non original 'player grade' examples perform better 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 389
    I bet it plays like butter...

Looks amazing!!
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 807
    Blimey.
    Congrats!
  • Nice ! HNGD :)
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • Suits you James.  Enjoy it.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3464
    Looks lovely for a '54.

The body looks in really good condition with the requisite amount of wear on the neck.

The opposite to most relics which have a completely bashed up body and new looking neck. 
  • @Neil the body is a refinish .. before it was blond it had a sunburst refinish ... the neck is untouched luckily 

when george gruhn valued it in 2016 it was sunburst
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That’s awesome :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3464
    @Neil the body is a refinish .. before it was blond it had a sunburst refinish ... the neck is untouched luckily 

when george gruhn valued it in 2016 it was sunburst

Ah right. 

Refinish or not, to actually own a '54 is a bit of a dream for most guitarists. 

It's in good hands. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    This is great. Congrats dude!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Incredible. The guitar’s not bad either. Congrats James, I love it :+1: 
    I play at my dining room table.
  • Awesome guitar mate, and it's great to see it in the hands of a great player who'll use it. Enjoy fella.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    Jesus Christ you've got some chops. Great playing and congrats on the least bad of all the telecasters. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • That off-white Stratocaster style selector switch cap has to go!

Luckily, these days, replica Dakaware switch caps are available … or you could pay a fortune for an original part.
    Be seeing you.
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1261
    Congratulations on a great acquisition. It certainly looks like the Tele has found the right owner.
    As a player of obvious talent, what sets this Tele above others you have had? 
    I ask as a fellow enthusiast of vintage kit, although with a considerably more modest level of ability.