Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Hayden amps any good? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Hayden amps any good?

What's Hot
spev11spev11 Frets: 214
There’s niot a whole lot of info about really so wondered what them forum thought? Specifically a Mojo 55 combo.
there are two channels which say they have master volume but im not convinced.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Boutique-looking stuff from the Ashdown stable, if I remember correctly. The little Mofo head was very popular around these parts (or possibly the old Musicradar forum) when it was new. I'm assuming "Mojo" maye be a typo in which case you should be able to get some first hand reports here!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wasn’t the designer an ex-Matamp/Orange guy? They got pretty decent writeups at the time, but you rarely see them these days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • There's a 15 watt all valve combo in my local cash convertors for £149

I repaired a Mofo head last year, it was almost well built with the exception of a half power switch stupidly placed on the bottom. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • There's a lovely Speakeasy in the Classifieds that someone's almost giving away. Bargain of the century as it's basically a Matamp that is dressed differently.
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 214
    Indeed yes, auto correct replaced MOFO with MOJO.
    Cash generator online have a Mofo55 combo for 199 + 15 quid postage, seems too cheap to be true
  • I had a Mofo 55 combo for a short time. I found it very underwhelming and not particularly loud for a 55 watt valve amp. Effects loop was not great ether.

Was very well built though.
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 214
    i think i'll give it a miss , i'm really after something with a master volume  (and knobs on the bloody front) , until I find the 'one' i'll keep my EVH
  • Ah it's all coming back to me now!!!
    I had an Ashdown Essex Blonde, the first 50 were made by matamp and were the matamp C7, you could tell because one of the knob rotations was different. after that run it moved to Hayden production. it was my first handwired amp back in my 20's I remember thinking it sounded sterile, if I heard it now its sods law would probably be the best thing I ever heard!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter