Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Favourite car/motorcycle/vehicle videos - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Favourite car/motorcycle/vehicle videos

What's Hot
Not sure if we’ve had this before? 

Was looking at my YouTube faves tonight and had forgotten about this. I honestly don’t know what I enjoy more, the sound of that car or Guy’s reaction:

https://youtu.be/6-8uAM4LWX0?si=h6r1W4waKTabH4pr

Let’s see yours!
I play at my dining room table.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    This (turn the sound up!)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 568
    Rendevouz:
    the sound...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I used to enjoy the Rufford Ford ones before they closed the road. A variety of driving styles.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2357
    edited September 2023
    I have a few not favourite videos, but YouTube channels that are car dedicated, which even I find strange especially considering the type of videos these channels create, as I'm not a car person, I no longer own a car and have no intention of owning one in the near future, and I actually celebrated becoming carless

• euaneuan Frets: 1051
    Irish Rally in car videos with the driver talk radio
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    edited September 2023
    Fear is the Key . Barry Newman rules  the rest of the film is good too especially near the end but this has been my fave car chase for 40 odd years .  There’s a lot of others in this class too. I think it wipes the floor with Bullit 

https://youtu.be/CFDbhIJoGIk?si=3iU1xdi0dwvgFOp9
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    edited September 2023
    Damn , the above is cut to bits the original is 20 minutes long & is the best ever 
      The protagonist has  just been in court  in a small southern town for getting violent after trying to buy liquor on a Sunday , at his court appearance he escapes shooting a law enforcement officer in the process . I’m not sure why the full chase isn’t up any more ,I’m going to have to find it & buy it now 
  • 0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Not the best but I still feel sorry for Mikka to this day

https://youtu.be/1L1tlTv9eyE?si=VEsCYqoqfgfnjpNu
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    edited September 2023
    duotone said:
    The car I’ll buy when I win the lotto 1 Bog standard Carrera, no silly/expensive options, steel brakes etc. I’d be happy.
  • www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    I love Best Motoring.  This is the thing that inspired the Gran Turismo games.  They've been doing it IRL now since the 80s and this is really where Drift King himself Keiichi Tsuchiya made his name.

I also like this guy's channel.  He produces really nice and raw, mostly in-car, short videos.  The driving is typically top notch professionals and in spectacular cars.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4314

Sound on for this one :-)
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    rlw said:

Sound on for this one :-)
    Brilliant! I love the way she’s talking ten to the dozen but he doesn’t say a word. She’s really cute too, lucky man. 
  • The one in which the Top Gear team catapulted a caravan into a quarry.

If Clarkson could be sentenced to breaking up caravans for the remainder of his natural life, it would solve two problems simultaneously.  
    Be seeing you.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    There used to be a video of a guy on a motorbike riding round the Paris ring road at mental speed. That was quite entertaining. Can't find it anymore.

So probably this...

https://youtu.be/MytfhzcSF-Y

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Speaking of Top Gear, Sabine Schmitz (RIP) blasting a Transit van around the Nürburgring:

And this one was posted quite recently, but it's always worth repeating:

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• The only car channel I watch regularly is Big Car which has quite detailed videos about the history of cars. I think you need to be nerdier than me to really get the benefit. Rebadged Peugeot 405s still being made in Iran and all that kind of stuff. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break.