Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Seymour Duncan / PRS Silver Sky wiring question. - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Seymour Duncan / PRS Silver Sky wiring question.

What's Hot
Hi all, just wondering if anyone here has experience of installing Seymour Duncan single coil sized 'buckers in a PRS Silver Sky SE?

I have just ordered a Lil' Screamin' Demon to pop in the bridge of my SE SS as I love the full size one I have elsewhere. Was just wondering if I need to reverse the wiring on the SD as per pairing with fender single coils. 
I know it's not a huge job to re-solder it in if it does work out of phase with the middle pickup, but it'll save me a bit of time to know beforehand. 

Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I put a JB Jnr in the bridge of my Core Silver Sky.

Firstly, it fit size-wise without any problems

I didn't, as far as I can recall, reverse the wiring.  I did fit a pull-push tone pot so that I could split the bridge and I made it a 'partial split' by putting, I think, a 1K resistor in the path to ground which stops the split sound being quite so thin.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I found this online which seems to correctly show the original wiring.  It's different to a typical Strat

• cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 349
    edited September 2023
    Thank you @Musicwolf ;;

I'll drop it in without reversing then. Won't be using split option so hopefully nice and simple, even if I have to reverse it.
    Cheers.
  • Quick update for anyone who may do a similar mod.

The SD Lil Screamin Demon does indeed need it's wires reversed to play normally with the PRS SE Silver Sky single coils, as per Fender single coils.
    So, green to switch and black to earth.
    Drops in perfectly and, as with every Screamin' Demon I've fitted to anything, sounds bloody marvellous. Definitely my favourite humbucker, as well as being the most poorly named. Said it before, but if they called something less aggressive, it would probably be Seymour Duncan's biggest seller.. It's just a really open sounding, slightly hotter PAF and seems to work in practically any guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter