Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PSA: Rivera Clubster 25 Doce – Gumtree - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PSA: Rivera Clubster 25 Doce – Gumtree

What's Hot
beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
edited September 2023 in Amps
Just stumbled upon this on Gumtree

https://www.gumtree.com/p/amplifiers/rivera-clubster-25-doce/1466113907

£250 seems awfully cheap and could be a bargain for someone assuming the advert is legitimate, which it appears to be. Sadly I'm nowhere near Dorset.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1137
    beed84 said:
    Just stumbled upon this on Gumtree

https://www.gumtree.com/p/amplifiers/rivera-clubster-25-doce/1466113907

£250 seems awfully cheap and could be a bargain for someone assuming the advert is legitimate, which it appears to be. Sadly I'm nowhere near Dorset.
    When you click the seller's location link it takes you to Christchurch in.... New Zealand  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cheers for the PSA, I’m reasonably close so I’ve enquired… wish me luck
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Nice! That’s a massive bargain if there’s nothing wrong with it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cheers for the PSA, I’m reasonably close so I’ve enquired… wish me luck
    Looks like a clean, well-cared for bargain and I actually live in Christchurch, so I enquired too... even though I don't need it (sigh...) 

FWIW, the speaker doesn't look like it's the one Rivera used. I gigged a Clubster 45 for a few years and the Seventy/80 really suited it. I can't tell what the one in the pictures actually is. 

I emailed the seller asking about the speaker and if I could come and see it. He swerved the speaker question and said there were a few buyers in the frame already, and wanted to work with them before agreeing to a visit, so I've no idea where it actually lives. 

Clubsters/Pubsters use solid state for the extra gain on Channel One, not an extra valve, in case you didn't know and might care. Apart from the Clubster Deluxe (I think it was called) where they changed that for a third preamp valve. But two preamp valves means a solid state gain section. 

Great amps. Perfect pedal platform through Channel Two. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Aye, I had a Pubster 25 for a while and it was a decent amp. I’d happily have another if I could get one at this price again! 

(I paid £280 for my last one thanks to a badly-spelt ebay listing that didn’t get many bidders!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Update - buyer’s collecting tomorrow :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1681
    Update - buyer’s collecting tomorrow :(
    It's not me (I live but a stone's throw from Christchurch) - but if i'd have noticed i'd have bitten their hand off.......

Does look far too good to be true - but there again i'm having issues selling amps at the moment. Nobody wants my blues junior even for £300 - had lots of tyre kickers though.....
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    gubble said:
    Update - buyer’s collecting tomorrow :(
    It's not me (I live but a stone's throw from Christchurch) - but if i'd have noticed i'd have bitten their hand off.......

Does look far too good to be true - but there again i'm having issues selling amps at the moment. Nobody wants my blues junior even for £300 - had lots of tyre kickers though.....
    That's a bummer. I've never had a Rivera but always wanted one as my old guitar tutor used them. That and the fact they lean towards a Fenderish vibe. Hope the sale somehow falls through and one of you chaps gets it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter