Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Two hours of pure comedy genius. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Two hours of pure comedy genius.

What's Hot
Eddie Izzard  - Dress To Kill (1999)
Just sublime. An absolute master class in stand up comedy.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• By a really strange coincidence I watched that this evening before coming across this thread.

It really is very, very good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 390
    I first saw that on the flight from the US to England in the early 2000s. It was one of the few uncontrollable laugh-out-loud reactions to comedy I've had in my life (Kevin Kilne in A Fish Called Wanda was another).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yeah, this was a tour de force at the time and had some cracking routines in it.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    edited September 2023
    Which is where my forum name comes from!  @ 35m12s  

Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    edited September 2023
    Went to see them live in a public school hall in New York in the mid 90s . It was surreal even by EI standards as it was a deliberately small audience who all sat on cushions on the wooden floor of the school hall while Eddie tried out a few routines before a US tour.

I dont think Ive ever laughed so much - one thing I didn't realise up till then is that their stuttering, distracted off topic flights of fancies were all scripted. They are quite the performer to make that feel natural

Edited as Dominic’s post below made me realise the error of my pronouns …..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    He/She has always been extremely funny and a very interesting delivery style with a distinctive voice
    I like this style of humour.