Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Harley Benton ST-182 Tom Delonge - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Harley Benton ST-182 Tom Delonge

What's Hot
robertyroberty Frets: 10231
edited September 2023 in Guitar
They don't mess about do they. Very cheeky but so is Fender's price. Stainless steel frets and locking tuners apparently

Not my (uncropped) screenshot

3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    edited September 2023
    Yes!!! I was hoping that HB or Jet or someone would offer one soon enough!

*edit* Killer spec on that too, roasted flame maple neck, locking tuners, compound 12-16" radius, rounded fret-ends, luminlay (I think) side-dots, etc.... and did you spot the SFG version on the rack behind him?

https://www.facebook.com/reel/895413825341735

**Double-edit** Shipping Q1 2024 - I'm having one (or two?!) of these!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Holy moly.  They are going to sell like hot cakes.  What a spec, and that SFG one looked even better than the silver sparkle.  I wonder what they'll retail for?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Damn that looks good. I’ll be after a SFG one for sure. 

Got to be around £299-£320 for that spec going off other models with similar spec. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Got to be around £299-£320 for that spec going off other models with similar spec. 
    That'd be fine to me, I've had a couple of HB through my hands and they're worth every penny and then some.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

That'd be fine to me, I've had a couple of HB through my hands and they're worth every penny and then some.
    Yes that’s a really good price for that spec I’d say. 

I’ve just bought one of their JA Baritone models. It’s unbelievable for the £150 I paid for it. 

I upgraded the tuners to HB’s in house locking tuners. Oiled the fretboard a lot and swapped the pots out. It honestly plays better and sounds better than my Chapman Bea Baritone that I paid £900 for. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Insane spec lol. Wonder how that pickup is
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    edited September 2023
    I recently made my own from a Bullet Strat and a neck I had littering the place, pickup is an Iron Gear Hammerhead in white (not in the photo) Plate from earlpilanz on eBay. Headstock doodle in Posca Pen

If I had known about the HB's Id have bought one instead....

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roberty said:
    Insane spec lol. Wonder how that pickup is
    Probably be a Tesla pickup or a Roswell. I’ve seen great reviews about the Tesla pups in HB’s. 
    I have a silver partscaster already with more bells and whistles (which I do happen to use) but I am not opposed to it in theory

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57 said:
    I recently made my own from a Bullet Strat and a neck I had littering the place, pickup is an Iron Gear Hammerhead in white (not in the photo) Plate from earlpilanz on eBay. Headstock doodle in Post Pen

Yeah but look at that birdseye!!! :open_mouth: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    paulnb57 said:
    I recently made my own from a Bullet Strat and a neck I had littering the place, pickup is an Iron Gear Hammerhead in white (not in the photo) Plate from earlpilanz on eBay. Headstock doodle in Post Pen

Yeah but look at that birdseye!!! :open_mouth: 
    I know! What a waste!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @paulnb57 ;Just pop the neck onto one of the HB ones next year :mrgreen: 
  • Just ordered another HB today. A shell pink Te-62 Telecaster. Looking forward to seeing how this one is. 

• Oooo I have a 12” strat neck lying around. Might be worth tipping my hat to this model.
    Though I do like the 70s strat headstocks on these single pickup strats or teles 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    Yes!!! I was hoping that HB or Jet or someone would offer one soon enough!

*edit* Killer spec on that too, roasted flame maple neck, locking tuners, compound 12-16" radius, rounded fret-ends, luminlay (I think) side-dots, etc.... and did you spot the SFG version on the rack behind him?

https://www.facebook.com/reel/895413825341735

**Double-edit** Shipping Q1 2024 - I'm having one (or two?!) of these!
    Dibs when you sell at least one of them off
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • As another alternative you can get a Squier Sonic Stratocaster HT H for £149.
  • Oooo I have a 12” strat neck lying around. Might be worth tipping my hat to this model.
    Though I do like the 70s strat headstocks on these single pickup strats or teles 
    Hmm, good point - I’m surprised that HB haven’t created a CBS-style headstock for these!

@DrBob - I’d already presumed as much for you! ;)
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    I really don't need this.. but I really want it. I've only just had and sold basically the same guitar that I built from parts as well haha. The stainless frets and locking tuners make it a worthwhile upgrade imo! 
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 456
    edited September 2023
    In related news: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCgW0WSYjIc

Sadly, it has the absolutely hideous end-iof-the-fretboard truss adjustment that blights so many guitars nowadays. Perhaps I don't need dis after all...
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    edited September 2023
    In related news:

Sadly, it has that absolutely hideous end-iof-the-fretboard truss adjustment. I suspect I don't need dis after all...
    ...my preferred method of truss-rod adjustment :-)

* EDIT - the more of these I see, the more I like them.  They look the absolute dog's bollocks.
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4108
    edited September 2023
    Four great colours too. I’ll be after a SFG and the yellow depending on price. 

Also has the cutaway neck heel, bonus! 
    In related news:

Sadly, it has the absolutely hideous end-iof-the-fretboard truss adjustment that blights so many guitars nowadays. Perhaps I don't need dis after all...
    I love those wheels lol. So much easier. I have my neck straight and action low and it does take some tweaking to keep it there all year around
  • SvartmetallSvartmetall Frets: 456
    edited September 2023
    Offset said: ...my preferred method of truss-rod adjustment :-)

* EDIT - the more of these I see, the more I like them.  They look the absolute dog's bollocks.
    I'm sure it's a good mechanical solution, I just find it so hideously, jarringly ugly that I cannot get on with it being on a guitar. 

And they do (trussrod ghastliness aside) look really good - there's something about the purity / simplicity of single-pickup guitars that I love. Yes, it probably comes from too long staring at the cover of 'Van Halen I' when I was 13 and I don't care p 
  • The modern plus is floating my boat  <3
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    Seafoam green for me. Always wanted the one from the All The Small Things video :) wonder if they're routed for a neck pickup? H-S is my favourite strat setup.