Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Looking for someone fairly local to change the grill cloth on some 60s Fender amps - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Looking for someone fairly local to change the grill cloth on some 60s Fender amps

What's Hot
Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 156
Hi everyone, just wondered if anyone near Maidstone/Tunbridge Wells in Kent has experience in replacing the grill cloth on old Fenders? I have a '65 2x10 Tremolux cab, '64 1x15 Pro Amp and a '67 Super Reverb. I have just ordered the correct aged cloth from Tube Town for each but would like it done properly so it's straight and tight.

Any recommendations? Ideally don't want to pay a fortune or drive too far.

Thanks!

Olly 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 2989
    tFB Trader
    Just remove the baffles from the cabs and courier to your preferred cab builder, such as @Modulus_Amps ;
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It’s a very easy thing to DIY.
    All you need is a decent staple gun and a couple of clamps and maybe some glue and obviously the grill materiel.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    ^^^ I couldn't do it until November now.

Sorry I don't know anyone down your end that does that sort of thing.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    I don't know of anyone in the south-east that might help but you could try Mark at AF Custom Cabinets in Wales. He builds amp and speaker cabs to a very high standard. It's worth a call.
  • Vyse Amps?
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    Rich at Alder and Ash pedalboards would be able to assist. He’s in the Maidstone area