Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SOLD: PRS CE22 USA Core 2006 With UPGRADES £1000 - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SOLD: PRS CE22 USA Core 2006 With UPGRADES £1000

What's Hot
flumpetflumpet Frets: 92
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Selling my PRS CE22, 2006 USA Core 'Cappuccino' (almost black) metallic finish with dots on the wide / fat neck profile. 

This one is currently on ebay, actually for the second time around, not sure why it hasn't sold. Perhaps the upgraded pickups have scared people off, dunno. The pickups are really great and a big upgrade.

Price to you good folk is £1000 PayPal FF  firm, I really don't want to accept less. I paid £1100.

I bought the guitar from this very site in June last year. I have thoroughly enjoyed owning it, but a couple new additions to my stable have nudged it out unfortunately. 

The info:

It has a mahogany body with rock maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, wide / fat neck profile. 

It has already had a couple of well chosen upgrades carried out. Firstly a replacement 3 way switch and push / push coil tap for sensible switching. The back of the neck has had the gloss finish removed, and is now satin wax finished, very smooth. Then the pick-ups have had a big upgrade in the form of Oil City Blackbird in the Bridge and Bare Knuckle Cold Sweat neck pickup.

There are a few small dings in the body finish, not major, but please see the photos.

It comes with the case, trem arm, keys, truss wrench , removed rotary switch and tone control. 

No issues, the frets are good and the action is currently set very low without any problems.

Currently fitted with a tremol no. This will be removed and is not part of the sale.

Delivery via Parcelforce for £25 or can be collected from the Carmarthen are of south Wales.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DM’d
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 427
    The OCP Blackbird looks so cool!

It seems that aftermarket pickups are a blessing and a curse in PRS. Lots of people don't have good things to say about them (prior to the 57/08 etc) but put a great set of pickups in and people comment that it'll have a negative effect on the value. 

Either way, this looks like a brilliant guitar! GLWTS. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yes totally agree on the above. I also agree that the Blackbird adds to the look of the guitar.

The guitar is still available.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 751
    I've been watching this on eBay - I love these solid colours that PRS do, cooler than the fancy trans finishes.

Anyway, I shall now watch it here too and hope to be in touch - just waiting for some cash to clear on a recent sale.
  • Nice one. Yes there's a lot of watching going on, 20 over on ebay at the moment.

It's a good point though, it could be snapped up at any time. It's on with a 80% off sellers fee offer on there. 
  • AlunAlun Frets: 79
    Ack, wish I was in a position to go for this. Sounds like it’ll be snapped up pretty quick though. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Oof
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Alun said:
    Ack, wish I was in a position to go for this. Sounds like it’ll be snapped up pretty quick though. 
    Not now that you've jinxed it
  • roberty said:
    Alun said:
    Not now that you've jinxed it
    Hope not, it needs to go to a nice new home.
  • pruddprudd Frets: 593
    Tempting, and your only down the road a bit :)
  • Yeah, but at 20 mph it will take you a while!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pruddprudd Frets: 593
    flumpet said:
    Yeah, but at 20 mph it will take you a while!
     :# 
  • Great guitars those CE22’s especially with the Wide Fat neck. Love mine!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 751
    edited October 2023
    Great guitars those CE22’s especially with the Wide Fat neck. Love mine!
    And this one is no exception! The stripped finish on the neck is a good move too. Still deciding on the clear cover on the Oil City pickup but easily changed if I need to.