Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS/FT: 42nd Street “La Cadette” Jr - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS/FT: 42nd Street “La Cadette” Jr

Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 75
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
A lovely guitar this and totally handmade right here in the UK by Angela Arnott of 42nd street guitars and Guitar Angel lutherie services.

It features an African mahogany body and neck along with a beautiful Ebony fretboard instead of the usual rosewood. Finished in thin Nitro sunburst with a hand rubbed and aged treatment. Reminds me of the finish you get on an Eastman. I think some of the more extreme aging marks and dings were added by the previous owner(s) but certainly fits in with the overall vibe. 60’s slim profile neck, which makes a change as you tend to associate baseball bat necks with these types of guitar. Still very comfortable though. Weight is 7lbs 8oz.

I made just a few changes from stock. I installed an early 2005 Lollar vintage dog ear P90, a Faber aged wraparound bridge and James’ Home of Tone 50’s Les Paul Jr wiring harness (CTS 500k pots, mustard tone cap and a Pure Tone full contact Jack socket).

It comes with a Kinsman hardcase along with the original Gotoh (I think) wraparound bridge and 250k pots should you wish to put them back in.

Trades:

Fender American Jazz Bass

Gibson Non Reverse Thunderbird

Gibson ‘61 SG with Sideways or Maestro vibrola.

Fender American Professional II Strat or Telecaster Deluxe in Miami Blue.

AVRI II Telecaster Custom, Thinline and deluxe models.

Amp wise I wouldn’t mind a Roland JC22, ‘68 Vibro Champ/Princeton or a headphone amp pedal like a Milkman The Amp.

Other trade options considered.

Collection from Southampton or Portsmouth as guitar is located on the Isle of Wight. I don’t have any packaging to ship unfortunately.

Asking £795 (was £825)

Cheers 

Dan
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Can’t speak for her builds but had my Strat refinished my Angela and the nitro thinner than a thin thing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Alex2678 said:
    Can’t speak for her builds but had my Strat refinished my Angela and the nitro thinner than a thin thing
    Yeah it is very thin. Can feel and see the wood grain in places.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Angela made me a really cool tele/ric mash up a few years back. Her work is exemplary. I’m sure this will be a superb guitar.
  • Bump
  • Bump with price drop
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 75
    Bump
  • That's a beauty! I'll send you a PM there now :)
  • I think this is my old guitar! I sold it to Tim from Leo & Ted’s Guitars a few years ago. Absolute belter of a guitar. It was the second guitar I had ordered from Angela after a very heavy relic Esquire. If it is my old one then the wear is as it came from Angela, nothing else added by me.
    edited October 2023
    I think this is my old guitar! I sold it to Tim from Leo & Ted’s Guitars a few years ago. Absolute belter of a guitar. It was the second guitar I had ordered from Angela after a very heavy relic Esquire. If it is my old one then the wear is as it came from Angela, nothing else added by me.
    That’s cool. Yes I think it was bought from Leo and Teds by the previous owner as there’s still their business card in the storage compartment. I think they might have added a few scrapes here and there and changed the original pickup. Think it was a Bareknuckle Nantucket when you ordered it and the owner before me changed it to an Oil City Firewatch. They must have then sold or exchanged it at ATB guitars which is where I got it. 
  • Jeddy3 said:
    I think this is my old guitar! I sold it to Tim from Leo & Ted’s Guitars a few years ago. Absolute belter of a guitar. It was the second guitar I had ordered from Angela after a very heavy relic Esquire. If it is my old one then the wear is as it came from Angela, nothing else added by me.
    That’s cool. Yes I think it was bought from Leo and Teds by the previous owner as there’s still their business card in the storage compartment. I think they might have added a few scrapes here and there and changed the original pickup. Think it was a Bareknuckle Nantucket when you ordered it and the owner before me changed it to an Oil City Firewatch. They must have then sold or exchanged it at ATB guitars which is where I got it. 
    Ah nice! It was me that changed the pick-up to the Oil City Firewatch based in some advice from Neil Ivision as I always found the bareknuckle a bit thin. I would have it back from you in a flash but I have replaced it with an Ivision double cut junior!
    edited October 2023
    Ah ok cool. I found the oil city a little too hot and had a an old Lollar that wasn’t getting used. Did you change the pots too? They were advertised as 500k but were actually 250k. 
  • Jeddy3 said:
    Ah ok cool. I found the oil city a little too hot and had a an old Lollar that wasn’t getting used. Did you change the pots too? They were advertised as 500k but were actually 
    I think the pots might have been changed by the owner in between you and I. It definitely had 500k CTS pots, switchcraft jack and orange drop cap when it came direct from Angela as I remember Neil asking me to confirm that when we were talking about changing the pickup. I definitely only changed the pick up
    edited October 2023
    Ah I thought so. Was a little too dark with the 250k’s. The 500k’s woke it up. Bit disappointing they just copied and pasted specs instead of having a look inside. 
    Bump
    Up