Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Northwest Guitars Hipshot-style bridge - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Northwest Guitars Hipshot-style bridge

I like the Hipshot bridges but they have seemingly reached the £100 mark which is tough to justify on cheaper builds (anyone wants to sell me theirs in chrome or nickel?). 

https://northwestguitars.co.uk/products/hipshot-stye-6-string-electric-guitar-bridge?variant=44259123560722

Northwest seems to make their knockoff copy which looks good on paper and in pictures. Anyone knows if the footprint is identical to the original for a potential subsequent swap? Also Hipshot does a .125″ and a .175" version – any idea what this one copies?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GizmoGizmo Frets: 1004
    These NW bridges dont look any different to the Amazon/Aliexpress ones that are 1/2 1/3 of the cost.

I picked up x2 of these from amazon earlier in the year for just £5.99 each!

I can check the base plate/hole and thickness for you tomorrow if you still need that info?

HTH

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    It's amazing how easily you can undercut someone when you steal their design and use slave labour overseas. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• Sporky said:
    It's amazing how easily you can undercut someone when you steal their design and use slave labour overseas. 
    Smuggle tea plants out of China. Establish plantations in India. Pay the natives next to nowt.
    Be seeing you.
  • I have ordered one of these off Amazon for a project I had a hipshot years ago and I did consider it to be very well finished and a nice piece of work I am interested to see how many corners get cut on the Amazon version.