Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NPD: Nocturne Mystery Brain - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NPD: Nocturne Mystery Brain

What's Hot
gdculleygdculley Frets: 26
Hi all,

You might recall I was recently on the look out for a used Mystery Brain, and I ended up splashing out for a new one direct from the states. A couple of you expressed interest in the total cost of importing it @Dontgiveupyourdayjob so here goes (I hope you're sitting down....!)

Pedal £291.06
Bank charge for non-UK payment £9.30
Import taxes £75.70

Total £376.06

So all in all a pretty expensive job! Thankfully I'm delighted with the pedal, it's everything I hoped for and I can't see me parting with it ever (famous last words)! It sounds great with my tele and absolutely amazing with my Gretsch 5420. It just somehow brings it to life in the most musical and almost 3 dimensional way! If you want to have a look, here she is:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UakvSZny7B5rbRMH7

Cheers, Graham 
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Love the colour scheme! Glad you're happy with it after all that expense!

Did they work the taxes out as a particular percentage or was it a flat fee?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It's hard to say really. There is a receipt but it doesn't detail how they came to the figure. I assume it must be a percentage based on the value of the goods.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thefezthefez Frets: 122
    Love the colour scheme, reminds me a lot of the 60s Batman series.

Not sure if it was the MB or El.Pesky that took an age for the customs bill to come but was a shock. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fabulous pedal :)
  • KoaKoa Frets: 111
    Did you order it with or without the NOS 70s Linear Toshiba opamp chip? 
  • I went for the standard one.
  • KoaKoa Frets: 111
    From what Tavo says the nos and the new op amp probably sound very similar 
  • Graham, that looks as cool as !

Love the colours; I’ve never played one of these…