Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bad Cat Paw - whatever happened to them? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bad Cat Paw - whatever happened to them?

What's Hot
FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
in Amps tFB Trader
This little amp looked very promising , but seemed to disappear quickly 
Did something go terribly wrong?

I would have loved a version that I could have plugged my Synergy or Egnater preamp into and got a desktop amp speaker type thing - still think that would be a great product - like a Full range thing with IRs to choose your amp/cab/room response

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I think they had manufacturing issues that led to trouble delivering that led to giving up. 

It’s a shame as it sounds like a great concept
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • allenallen Frets: 545
    Yes indeed.

I really liked the concept and then there were loads of reports of noise and dodgy power supplies.

At the moment there really isn't anything like it. Boss Katana EX that has just come out has smaller speakers and is based on modelling (maybe nothing wrong with that) but no stereo inputs or effects loop for example. Neither can it drive a real cab.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Have you seen how much they're going for on Reverb?!?
  • boz_hboz_h Frets: 51
    I managed to get one when they came out.  The first one sounded like crap and after 30 seconds smelt like burning plastic and died.  Contacted Anderton's, and they informed me that they sent them with the wrong transformers.  The second one turned up a couple of months later and worked flawlessly.  The problem is people had to wait and wait and wait, and when it did show up the first batch with the wrong transformers meant another wait for a replacement and it just p'ed people off.  To be honest, I had a lot going on at the time and kinda forgot about it, which is why I did not cancel my order.  Add in the cost (I think they were around £700/800) and you can see why people got fed up. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 464
    edited September 2023
    I received one after waiting several months. It sounded good but there was a background hum that was above acceptable so it went back and I didn't want to wait again for a replacement. I swapped it for a Milkman The Amp 100 as it was the same price iiirc.
  • My mates wife swapped him for a Milkman . =)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter