Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Cream T Whiskerbuckers + Relish mount - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Cream T Whiskerbuckers + Relish mount

What's Hot
Bit of a long shot but I'm fitting a set of 2 cable Whiskerbuckers to Relish quick change mounts and can't find any wiring details. If it's the same as a Duchess P90 then shield to pin 1 and hot to pin 4. Can anyone please confirm?
Many thanks
My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    tFB Trader
    You are correct

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 825
    @FelineGuitars You my friend are a super star, thank you. Have a well deserved Wiz  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 10901
    edited September 2023 tFB Trader
    Grampa said:
    @FelineGuitars You my friend are a super star, thank you. Have a well deserved Wiz 
    You're welcome - I cooked that up to make my life easier 

You have to be so damn careful not to get too much heat into those relish bases - so easy to met the contact out of the plastic

I ALWAYS use a flux pen first to make it super easy to get the solder to stick to the contacts 

I then tin a small dot of solder onto each of the 4 contacts - I use a 3.9% silver solder as it gives a way better result and is way easier to work with (more expensive for sure but i get a reliable result) 

I also don't use the big tip iron for those - too much of a reservoir of heat and easy to melt the resin that holds the pins  and have them rise up out of the plastic . 
    I use my Hakko fx-888D iron although if i had an Antex XS25 with a small pointy tip I would happily use that 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 825
    @FelineGuitars Thanks again, much appreciated  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter