Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A lot of people forget the fridge light can be enough to light the kitchen for most nighttime activi - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A lot of people forget the fridge light can be enough to light the kitchen for most nighttime activi

What's Hot
That's gotta save energy right?
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    Difficult to carry on the dog walk though don't you think?
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Is it not much more efficient to use a light than have the fridge open?
    Or am I missing the point here? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2357
    edited September 2023
    How am I meant to light my kitchen up like a disco just using the wee light in a fridge?  When fridges start coming with disco balls and colour changing flashing lights that react to my music as stock, or at the very least an optional extra, I'll consider using the fridge light to illuminate my kitchen, until then, it's ceiling lighting for me in the kitchen baby - one does after all have to maintain ones groove.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    SpoonMan said:
    Is it not much more efficient to use a light than have the fridge open?
    No youre just missing the joke.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • One energy saving tip I can recommend is boiling the kettle ten minutes before you make a hot drink. When you turn it on to make your drink, it’s already quite warm, therefore saving quite a lot of electricity…
    13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    sounds like the musings of an  'R Whites Secret Lemonade Drinker '

You probably have to be of a certain age group to understand.....
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 673
    One energy saving tip I can recommend is boiling the kettle ten minutes before you make a hot drink. When you turn it on to make your drink, it’s already quite warm, therefore saving quite a lot of electricity…
    Indeed, taking it one step further you could pre-boil the water then freeze it for later.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DesVegas said:
    That's gotta save energy right?

It puts a time limit on those activities too. If I leave my fridge open for more than a few minutes it goes BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I replaced the bulb with a 150 watt one.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • You could also cook some sausages from the little heat patch that the light emits underneath the bulb. Then you wouldn't need to use the hob/grill/oven either, thought it might take a while. Ok if you like your sosigs rare
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • When I insisted no lights in the kitchen my wife moaned that she trips over her chain when moving from sink to washing machine.

I solved this by adding more carrots into her diet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • There is a Fridge light that never goes out
    “Ken sent me.”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Nvg's. 

Best man toy ever. Saves energy. Looks cool as fuck. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    There is a much simpler approach.

First you gotta kill a few people. Then you got to get sent to a slam, where they tell you you'll never see daylight again. You dig up a doctor, and you pay him 20 menthol Kools to do a surgical shine job on your eyeballs.

This is also the environmentally responsible approach. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    I have a new fridge that want to go on the internet. I've put controls in but I think he knows how to bypass them? AITA?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Make sure you block access to the AO site.

Pure white-goods filth. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I find leaving the fridge and freezer doors open mid summer acts like air con 
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    I am the first person to contact the customer service team. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    I don't do that sort of activity in the kitchen.
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • mrkb said:
    SpoonMan said:

Ah, thought as much.

Still don't get the joke though  :s
  • SpoonMan said:
    mrkb said:
    SpoonMan said:

Ah, thought as much.

Still don't get the joke though  :s
    I think the joke was that no one can afford food anymore so the fridge would just be an empty shell of what it once was :( 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 138
    edited September 2023
    How am I meant to light my kitchen up like a disco just using the wee light in a fridge?  When fridges start coming with disco balls and colour changing flashing lights that react to my music as stock, or at the very least an optional extra, I'll consider using the fridge light to illuminate my kitchen, until then, it's ceiling lighting for me in the kitchen baby - one does after all have to maintain ones groove.
    Mine does start flashing after a few seconds open?
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 138
    edited September 2023
    skunkwerx said:
    SpoonMan said:
    mrkb said:
    SpoonMan said:

Ah, thought as much.

Still don't get the joke though  s
    I think the joke was that no one can afford food anymore so the fridge would just be an empty shell of what it once was  

Too intellectual for me 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Bit like charging your EV car with a  generator ...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    edited September 2023
    I was asking for a friend obvs.. I.. know all THAT stuff
  • A contender for Viz top tips perhaps?
    It's not a competition.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    A contender for Viz top tips perhaps?
    Save money on buying a carpet, just buy two carpet sample tiles and strap them to your feet
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    DesVegas said:
    A contender for Viz top tips perhaps?
    Save money on buying a carpet, just buy two carpet sample tiles and strap them to your feet
    Make your neighbours think you have more stairs than they do by stamping loudly twice on each step!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    I had a 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    mrkb said:
    SpoonMan said:
    He isn't the only one.