Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Mobile network connectivity hell - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Mobile network connectivity hell

Am on ID and recently retired a venerable Samsung that had no issues connecting to the network inside my house. Replaced it with a lightly-used Moto E6 Plus, which on paper appears to be a superior phone. However, inside the house, it absolutely will not connect to the network. Have tried everything up to and including a full reset and a different ID sim. 

Is this phone just a turkey? If so, what affordable (i.e. sub-£200) phones are reliable for a good network connection? 

Cheers guys
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• wibblewibble Frets: 1042
    Can you not just enable wifi calling when in the house?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    wibble said:
    Can you not just enable wifi calling when in the house?
    Not on this phone. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    Does it connect to the ID network when you are outside the house or in other buildings?
    Jimbro66 said:
    Does it connect to the ID network when you are outside the house or in other buildings?
    Outside, yes. Albeit a reasonable way from house 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1042
    Two options I can see, change network or change to a wifi call compatible android phone, not sure how up to date the compatibility list is here... 

• notanonnotanon Frets: 569
    EE have been texting me for nearly 2 years every other month saying there is an issue and we're working on it. 

WiFi calling for me. More stable now we have fibre.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    I agree with @wibble. Perhaps change your phone to something like the Samsung Galaxy A41 which can be found quite cheaply, is a very good phone and is also on ID’s WiFi calling compatibility list. You’ll probably find the Galaxy’s features familiar too.
    Useful info, thanks all