Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Headstock depth + tuners - Making & Modding Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Headstock depth + tuners

What's Hot
SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 860
edited September 2023 in Making & Modding
I think my headstock may be too thick for my tuners; what do you think? 

Like a burke I assumed 16mm would be fine for most tuners, and I went ahead and applied the finish without checking. 

Worst case scenario is having to get the router out to shave off a few mm before refinishing...or just get some tuners with longer posts. 

Maybe I can get away with using half the slack I normally do, which is about the distance between two tuners. There's about 5mm from the base of the headstock to the hole, and 8mm to the top of the post. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• They're saying over on tdpri that those split shafts are very forgiving and it shouldn't be a problem...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    It will be fine
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Goodie gumdrops 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    You don't need to ask those TDPRI folks, we've got @WezV here  :D 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 860
    edited September 2023
    The tdpri guys will usually give me an essay as a response whereas the fretboard will offer the more direct response; "it will be fine". Equally helpful in different ways.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 860
    edited September 2023
    Deleted  :/