Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PSA: Bias FX 2 is free, today only (21st of September) - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PSA: Bias FX 2 is free, today only (21st of September)

What's Hot
Positive Grid have emailed me a code to download Bias FX 2 for free today - the code is actually on the website too, so I don't think I'm giving anything away by posting it here:

Code is FREEYOURMUSIC

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    Ordered, thanks for the heads up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    Thanks for the heads up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    That's handily reminded me that I bought one of the other Bias FX versions a few years back.

But somewhere along the line of changing DAWs and/or PCs/laptops, I neglected to reinstall it and then forgot about it amidst all the newer shinier things that I'd bought to play with since.

Now re-downloaded and ready to go again (until I rediscover why it never became critical to my set-up before!).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    Thank you!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Is it actually good?

I've got loads of VSTs so I'll only get it if it's worth having.
  • willowillo Frets: 240
    Does it act as a VST instrument?
    Is it actually good?

At the price, it's probably worth half an hour of your time to download, install, play, tweak and let your ears decide.

It's stood the test of time, which implies that it's not total rubbish.
  • I haven't had FX2 but I've used Bias and Jamup on iOS - both are excellent. I figure it's definitely worth a go. 

I have Helix Native so it probably won't usurp that but it's nice to have options
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Is it actually good?

At the price, it's probably worth half an hour of your time to download, install, play, tweak and let your ears decide.

It's stood the test of time, which implies that it's not total rubbish.

I've got quite a few bundled and free VSTs I've deliberately not installed.

I find having too much crap distracting me makes me less productive.

That's probably your answer then.

If you don't have a need for it, stick with being productive with the stuff you've got already.
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've used bias fx2 for ages.   It's handy lightweight and works with a great UI. Not convinced it's the best sounds around but will do for me to noodle with. 
  • Grabbed cheers. 
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• bluecatbluecat Frets: 429
    I can't find the free offer.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    That was a good 2 hours playing with the sounds in it. Maybe not as good as my HX Native, but very simple to use and not resource-intensive.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    bluecat said:
    I can't find the free offer.

Click on the link in the OP. Or once on the site you can click the red banner.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • Thanks for the heads up, snagged it this morning over breakfast. -  

PSA appears to have ended at 8.00 am Friday 22nd :-(
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Damn. Missed it.

Do they do this sort of thing often? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

That's probably your answer then.

If you don't have a need for it, stick with being productive with the stuff you've got already.
    :)

Good advice I deliberately missed the deal.

I don't need excuses to procrastinate!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I haven't tried it yet but the welcome email mentions the ability to make one guitar sound like another. I'm not suggesting it will be perfect but that's actually much more interesting than the amp modelling alone, particularly for acoustics. I'll report back when I've had a go with it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • scrumhalf said:
    Damn. Missed it.

Do they do this sort of thing often? 
    No idea tbh; I've only been on their mailing list for a couple weeks, since I registered my Spark Go.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    PFAllen2 said:
    Thanks for the heads up, snagged it this morning over breakfast. -  

I had a later breakfast and the code was invalid.

Annoying as the demo sounded good. The AC30 sounded like it might be better than the Guitar Rig or Amplitude versions. 
  • Basher said:
    PFAllen2 said:

Annoying as the demo sounded good. The AC30 sounded like it might be better than the Guitar Rig or Amplitude versions. 
    I think (although I'm not 100% certain) that they have fairly regular offers & giveaways. Might be worth downloading a demo and getting on their mailing list.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    Basher said:
    PFAllen2 said:

I think (although I'm not 100% certain) that they have fairly regular offers & giveaways. Might be worth downloading a demo and getting on their mailing list.
    Thanks for the advice. Will do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • How's anyone finding it? I opened it up today to have a play with the standalone program. Some decent enough sounds after a bit of tweaking, but noticeable latency on my setup alas (direct into a Zoom U44 interface then into my 2013 Macbook, so not top spec by today's standards). Not one for noodling at home, but definite potential for decent sounds if I use it after the fact as a plugin.
     but noticeable latency on my setup alas (direct into a Zoom U44 interface then into my 2013 Macbook, so not top spec by today's standards). Not one for noodling at home, but definite potential for decent sounds if I use it after the fact as a plugin.
    I've been using it purely as a plugin (in Studio One)

Sparks a bit of creativity just because it's something different so I stumble across some different sounds.  The guitar emulator thingy is fun to play with, if a bit of a pain to set up.

Not noticed any latency, but I'm using a new MBPro, so I'd hope not!
  • I've used it for a few years now and don't have any latency issues.  You'll want to use the 64bit version to benefit from low latency.  
  • TTony said:
     but noticeable latency on my setup alas (direct into a Zoom U44 interface then into my 2013 Macbook, so not top spec by today's standards). Not one for noodling at home, but definite potential for decent sounds if I use it after the fact as a plugin.
    I've been using it purely as a plugin (in Studio One)

Sparks a bit of creativity just because it's something different so I stumble across some different sounds.  The guitar emulator thingy is fun to play with, if a bit of a pain to set up.

Not noticed any latency, but I'm using a new MBPro, so I'd hope not!
    I installed it and had a play as a plugin with Reaper last night. I haven't found a sound I really like yet. The noise gate seems very fierce, the notes all feel like they have a bit of a weird attack which I can't get rid of yet.
    No latency that I could hear though, which I'm pleased about; I'm using the lowest spec M1 Mac Mini, so I wasn't sure how it would handle it, but so far so good.

• BarneyBarney Frets: 598
    IV used bias fx2 for years since it first came out ...I think it's great and never thought about changing although I should maybe try something else ....I did have to sort my own sounds as I thought the presets were a bit crap 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    No latency here (Reaper, 2020 Core i7, Scarlett i/f), but not wildly impressed with the sounds as yet.