Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). HELP- where did I stick it? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

HELP- where did I stick it?

What's Hot
BrioBrio Frets: 1499
A couple of weeks back I bought a shiny new pedal. I love it to bits but coincidently am selling a load of other stuff on Reverb. Obviously pedals sound better if you keep the boxes (well that's what pricing on Reverb seems to suggest) so I've been digging in the cupboard for the boxes to photograph. What confused me was I can't find where the box for the new pedal is. It should have been on top.
Any suggestions? I suspect the weirder the more likely as my place is small so stuff doesn't get left lying around anywhere.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• When this happens to me, the answer is usually "The wife tidied up". That means it could be anywhere in the house, or I'd better hope the bins haven't been collected between then and now.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    When this happens to me, the answer is usually "The wife tidied up". That means it could be anywhere in the house, or I'd better hope the bins haven't been collected between then and now.

I gave that a Wis, on the basis that my wife won't see that it did it.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    :-) I once sold a rare 60s Nikon F with motordrive-back to a guy in the Lake District. His postie assured him he'd delivered it.
    Turn out his Dad who suffers from dementia had put the parcel in the recycling bin. Luckily the guy found it before the bin lorry came round.
    Back to the matter in hand, unless your wife has popped round and cleaned my place I consider that unlikely. Not married.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Panic over! Well for me anyway.
    It was in the rice/pasta drawer. Obviously.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Brio said:
    :-) I once sold a rare 60s Nikon F with motordrive-back to a guy in the Lake District. His postie assured him he'd delivered it.
    Turn out his Dad who suffers from dementia had put the parcel in the recycling bin. Luckily the guy found it before the bin lorry came round.
    Back to the matter in hand, unless your wife has popped round and cleaned my place I consider that unlikely. Not married.
    She is somewhat obsessed with tidying up. You should be grateful that my chaotic tendencies keep her busy here.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    Did your mum throw it away? That's what my mum used to do. I remember one daring raid to 'extract' action man from the bin. It was a combined forces operation (my brother kept mum busy).
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Brio said:
    Panic over! Well for me anyway.
    It was in the rice/pasta drawer. Obviously.
    I now look in the fridge whenever I've lost something like a screwdriver or my second pair of glasses.

Fool! Your second pair is always on top of your head.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter