Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB 8ohm Attenuator ( Badcat Unleash?) - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB 8ohm Attenuator ( Badcat Unleash?)

What's Hot
I’m looking for an attenuator for a recently purchased 60w Supro Rhythm Master. I’m really not sure what I’m after but the Badcat Unleash seems to tick most boxes. Can’t stretch to Ox Box, PS money and to be honest I can’t work out from YouTube demos if it’s worth spending a couple of hundred or if I should just buy a Harley Benton one for £60. I don’t want to crank the amp just make the volume a bit more manageable as my Mrs is already complaining that I’ve bought a “far too loud amplifier “ . It was bought for gigs to be fair. Anyway enough waffle, if anyones wanting to part with a 100w rated 8ohm attenuator at a reasonable price please let me know
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Look at Tone King and Weber attenuators as well, if they come up for sale. Both very good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
    Isn't the Unleash a re-amp box designed to make your amp louder?

I'm a fan of the Palmer PDI06 (Power Pad).  They have a reactive element insde and sound much better than the standard resistive loads like the Harley Benton etc IMHO.  They're usually under £100 used too.

For circa £200 you could find a Marshall Power Brake or maybe something like a Motherload Elemental.  Both very good sounding.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
    I'd be bit wary of Weber attenuators, I know of several units failing - I think their quoted wattage capacities are optimistic and build quality is variable, although I quite liked the sound of mine when I had it.  It was a Mini MASS 50 and I used a <10 watt amp with it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TobyBTobyB Frets: 11
    Weber is definitely on my radar . I think the tone king mini is only suitable for 20w amps and the big one is too expensive for me at the moment 
  • TobyBTobyB Frets: 11
    Dodge said:
    Isn't the Unleash a re-amp box designed to make your amp louder?

I'm a fan of the Palmer PDI06 (Power Pad).  They have a reactive element insde and sound much better than the standard resistive loads like the Harley Benton etc IMHO.  They're usually under £100 used too.

For circa £200 you could find a Marshall Power Brake or maybe something like a Motherload Elemental.  Both very good sounding.
    I think it does both, I quite liked the fact it had an effects loop . Prices are all over the place although I saw one sold recently for about £220 which I could stretch to. There is a palmer for sale local ish for £120 or a Weber 100w lite for £180. I've also come across a THD hotplate for £200. Opinions seem to vary greatly on all of them which is why I'm tempted to go for something budget and then upgrade as necessary. Reliability is a worry though