Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Name the guitarist from the clue - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Name the guitarist from the clue

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited September 2023
    6 Andy Summers
    7 Lou Reed
    11 Jack White
    20 Chuck Berry
    24 Tony Iommi

EDIT: Ah I got gazumped while I was thinking!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Coming here when the answers were already up sucked.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    Coming here when the answers were already up sucked.
    Nope, I can’t get that one for love nor money. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • brilliant @axisus - thanks for sharing. 

Anyone ever do that one where you have to guess the footballer based on a chronological list of the clubs they played at?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    Mick = Irish
    ???
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Mick, with its variants Mickey and Mike, like Paddy and Pat, typecast the Irishman as poor and uncultivated. The cognomen is all the more offensive as it has religious undertones. A “Mick” (1920s +, Cassell's) can also label an Irishman of the Catholic faith, particularly in Britain and Australia.

Better not use that one then...

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I just saw the name Chuck Berry somewhere then wondered how many daft things I could make up from guitar player names. 
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    So, what did you think when you 'saw' the name Mick Mars?
  • 17  pete townsend
    TownsHend
    Be seeing you.
    If we are getting picky then:

18 Cookingpot monkey - Billy Gibbons

Gibbons aren't monkeys, they're apes.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Brio said:
    If we are getting picky then:

18 Cookingpot monkey - Billy Gibbons

Gibbons aren't monkeys, they're apes.
    That's called a cryptic clue!
    And you are a totally correct gentleman [/crypticmode] :-)