Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What effects pedal? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What effects pedal?

What's Hot
Can anyone help in identifying what effects pedals would you need to create, what I think is this guys unique tone?  I don't believe its an overdrive or distortion.  He has lots of covers that sound this way, but here's one example:

Thanks if you can help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Sounds like distortion to me - something in the DS-1/Rat vein (or likely a modelled one). With the tone knob quite high.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • low gain boost. try a light speed or bad bob boost. Anything that drives the stratty nature of the guitar but retains the clarity.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Chorus and overdrive/distortion. Sadly in the wrong order. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Though if its on YouTube, why not just ask him? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    You can get a Andy Summers chorus from EHX.
  • You can get a Andy Summers chorus from EHX.
    Flanger innit? 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    Flanger innit? 
    Electric Mistress iirc
  • JezWynd said:
    Flanger innit? 
    Electric Mistress iirc

He has a signature EHX flanger now. It's basically like an Electric Mistress I presume. 

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    The Maxon / Ibanez FL9 Flanger also has that sound (+ amp gain and/or drive pedal)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Katana.