Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SOLD 1989 Gibson ES-335, 1991 Gibson M3 Deluxe - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SOLD 1989 Gibson ES-335, 1991 Gibson M3 Deluxe

What's Hot
CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2002
edited October 2023 in Guitars £
Offering up 2 lovely Gibsons, a classic 1989 ES-335 and a very rare M3 Deluxe. The Deluxe I am selling on behalf of a friend and the 335 is mine.

1991 Gibson M3 Deluxe is all original but for a replacement USA 5 way switch after the original failed. 

£2500 plus postage (£50 approx) - Now £2000

1989 Gibson ES-335

This one is all original except for the hardcase, good all round condition check in for high res video clips I can share for more visibility of the condition.

£2500 plus postage (£50 approx)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Blimey that M3 looks incredible 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2002
    Thanks @DrCornelius it's certainly interesting 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • One of my very first guitars, and certainly the first one that I bought brand-new was an M3, standard though.
    Got it from Stamford music shop (In Peterborough), somewhere around 91
    I used to go in there every week and annoy the young dude that was in charge of the guitar section, by trying pretty much every guitar they had,
    They also used to let you bring the guitar back within 72 hours and I used to make extensive use of that!!
    anyhow, I kept the M3 for quite awhile, absolutely loved it.
    Then a new shop opened up on Lincoln Road. Can’t remember the name of it, but they were the first shop to stock, Paul Reid Smith
    so of course, I traded in my M3 and the rollercoaster with Prs began

every time I see an M3 for sale, which isn’t very often, I get all nostalgic and figure out how I can get my hands on it 
    anyhow am certainly not in any position now, but they are wonderful Guitars imo, GLWTS

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks @Sevenof9 it seems one sold on Reverb just the other day for £3495 so this one appears a bit of a bargain by all accounts 
  • Good lord, I thought it would just be the early PRS’s I would regret selling so cheap, but blimey that M3 would have been a goldmine… ;)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Woah the M3 is sick. I have never seen that before
  • I'm now happy that I never sold my MIII standard, even though it's a bit 'road worn' and the case is knackered  :)
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 303
    Man an MIII, they don't come that often, superb condition and nice price, if only...
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1170
    Nearly bought an M3 back in the early 90s…..a really interesting design for Gibson. Bought a Strat Plus Deluxe instead…..hmmm. GLWS :)
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    That M3 is not just one of the ugliest guitars I’ve ever seen but one of the ugliest things. I love it! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks folks, a lot of love for the M3 is seems  :)
    edited September 2023
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    I love that ES-335. Out of the many that I've had, the one that I have now (a 58 VOS reissue) and the 1989 ES-335 Cherry Dot that I really regret selling are the two that have really stood out for me.
    Call me Dave.
  • I have nothing worthy to trade for that M3 unfortunately, I’ve seen a few in the wild but in solid colours - this one really looks the business 
    DB1 said:
    I love that ES-335. Out of the many that I've had, the one that I have now (a 58 VOS reissue) and the 1989 ES-335 Cherry Dot that I really regret selling are the two that have really stood out for me.
    Well it may interest you that the 335 is no longer on hold/still available  :)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    dazzajl said:
    That M3 is not just one of the ugliest guitars I’ve ever seen but one of the ugliest things. I love it! 
    That's the spirit haha
    Bump for the M3.

335 is back on hold for now
  • I had an MIII standard in translucent amber, I should never have sold it, it was brilliant.
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
    edited September 2023
    maharg101 said:
    I had an MIII standard in translucent amber, I should never have sold it, it was brilliant.
    Thanks 

Bump and a hefty price drop in the M3 can now be had for £2000. 
    M3 now gone 335 still available although I am currently mulling over a possible trade option from a forum member
    All sold