Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How do you pause audio when at the lock screen? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

How do you pause audio when at the lock screen?

What's Hot
I like to have music playing in the background when doing stuff around the house via my computer (either Mac or PC).
However sometimes family may want to talk to me, but by then the computer is at the lock screen.
Would be nice to just hit space to pause the audio, but you have to log in to pause.
Any ideas?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Set the computer not to go to the lock screen?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    If its in your own house why do you need a lock screen?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    I feel like the issue might be your work rate.  If you're doing stuff around the house via your computer, then the computer shouldn't ever really get to the lock screen. 

Maybe less thumb-twiddling.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    edited September 2023
    Strange. I've just booted up iTunes on my MacBook and can confirm play/pause works when the screen is locked; if you're not using an Apple keyboard, surely one of the function buttons acts as this?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • In my case Spotify or YouTube, maybe iTunes listens to keyboard presses even if on the lock screen.

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Okay, I see what you mean. Space doesn't work for YouTube on my lock screen either but F8 does. What keyboard are you using?
  • Ahh it's F8 is it. thanks
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 569
    No mobile with a Bluetooth speaker or Nest/Alexa device?
  • sinbaadi said:
    I feel like the issue might be your work rate.  If you're doing stuff around the house via your computer, then the computer shouldn't ever really get to the lock screen. 

Maybe less thumb-twiddling.
    Ah shit, sorry your boss is on the thread @Axe_meister ;
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter