Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Gene Simmons EB-0 Bass - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Gene Simmons EB-0 Bass

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2517
in Bass tFB Trader
Not 6ks worth but bloody nice in my opinion.

Gibson | Gene Simmons EB-0 Bass Ebony

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1786
    Prefer mine...Maybe if Gene's had two mudbuckers like Jack Bruce's Warwick.

https://i.imgur.com/t6T3xkb.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1927
    £7,199.00    says that link. 
    there's a whole 2k of custom shop bass + 5k in GS' pocket
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • But does it pull the trigger on your love gun?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 202
    edited September 2023
    ... on the list of bass players I might aspire to emulate, the bloke out of Kiss would come some way further down than the bloke in The Wombles.

Nice looking instrument though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sgosden said:
    £7,199.00    says that link. 
    there's a whole 2k of custom shop bass + 5k in GS' pocket
    Some KISS obsessives are mad enough to fork out heavily to look like their heroes. 

There is a legendary character on the Seymour Duncan forum who made his own day when he finally acquired one of the 1997 - 2001 production Gibson Ace Frehley signature LP Custom models.
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Gene had his own company making basses, presumably that’s gone? At one point he would play a new bass every night and sell it afterwards so for $20k (or whatever it was) you could own the bass you’d just seen him play the set on. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Cort used to make a Gene Simmons model bass guitar. I forget whether it was branded Cort or Simmons. 

The axe-shaped basses from the early Eighties are long gone and, hence, extremely collectable.
    Be seeing you.
  • Quite a smart looking thing. I don't like the pickguard or the GS connection but it's a cool looking bass
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Just looking it up and he still has his own brand as well as two signature Gibsons. Expensive basses with about another $7k added to the price if Gene used it on a gig (I think it will be on a song, not the whole gig). 
    I think the EB-O was what he used in early Kiss. But I guess all these designs are about collectors (even if that's a collection of one 'I have my hero's bass')rather than being played. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    edited October 2023
    Hmmm, 1) I think Kiss are the Metal equivalent of the Venga Boys crossed with a helping of Laurence Fox, 2) Gibson basses fall into the category of "nope" for me and 3) that looks like it was modified by a Gibbon on crack armed with a spoon. I'm probably not target market...

I'm sure it'll sell well but I guarantee there are better sounding options out there that aren't so deal, or have 'those' connotations.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.