Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NPD - Zonk content - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NPD - Zonk content

What's Hot
NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
edited September 2023 in FX
Check out my new to me Zonk pedal by BG Harding scored from this very parish. I've been after a Zonk almost as long as I've loved fuzz. 

Normally I love nothing more than turning the fuzz all the way up to the max but I found the best tones from this little box are with the volume up and the fuzz dial at about 8 o'clock. It gets really gated and narly. 3 way switch seems to go between different diodes. Sounds fatted on the left and thinnest to the right and middle in the middle. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• That looks really great. I have a copy of a 'Shatterbox' which I believe is a zonk machine with a boost. It's a weird one but quite inspiring and musical. Hope you enjoy it. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That looks really great. I have a copy of a 'Shatterbox' which I believe is a zonk machine with a boost. It's a weird one but quite inspiring and musical. Hope you enjoy it. 
    Cool.  Do you run an overdrive after it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Unusual mix of transistors.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Neilybob said:
    That looks really great. I have a copy of a 'Shatterbox' which I believe is a zonk machine with a boost. It's a weird one but quite inspiring and musical. Hope you enjoy it. 
    It depends, it tends not to be a regular sound for me but something to go to when everything starts to sound a bit same-ey. So I experiment. The boost into the Shatterbox can make it sound quite jagged and a bit harsh if you push it so an OD  after it can smooth it out a bit. But sometimes the raw sound is better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Neilybob said:
    That looks really great. I have a copy of a 'Shatterbox' which I believe is a zonk machine with a boost. It's a weird one but quite inspiring and musical. Hope you enjoy it. 
    It depends, it tends not to be a regular sound for me but something to go to when everything starts to sound a bit same-ey. So I experiment. The boost into the Shatterbox can make it sound quite jagged and a bit harsh if you push it so an OD  after it can smooth it out a bit. But sometimes the raw sound is better. 
    Tbh I'm not a fan of boosting into fuzz because, as you say, it sounds quite jagged and harsh. I'm all about the thick and juicy. 
  • Is that a wooden board???
  • Is that a wooden board???
    I do believe it is!