Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Kenny Everett Television Show - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Kenny Everett Television Show

What's Hot
Looks like it's getting a run on Channel 65 Freeview at the moment. It's on now (7.15pm Tuesday). Not sue if it's now on every night.

Always good fun back in the day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    It was but I'm surprised that it has resurfaced
    he was a lot of loony fun in (what I consider ) a harmless way but if you think about it all his characters were very un PC by todays weird  standards ;
    The bearded Transexual ........all in the best possible taste
    The Evangelist Preacher .....BrotherLee Love
    the old Roue Frenchman Marcel ........chasing girls 
    the gay clone leatherclad Sid Snot
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It was pretty transgressive even then (so to speak). Interesting character, Everett. Don’t see many like him. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Dominic said:
    he was a lot of loony fun in (what I consider ) a harmless way but if you think about it all his characters were very un PC by todays weird  standards ;
    At the time the controversy lay around Hot Gossip. Pans People/Legs and Co were seen as angelic in comparison! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Reg Prescott was the funniest IMO!
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    It was pretty transgressive even then (so to speak). Interesting character, Everett. Don’t see many like him. 
    An ex-girlfriend of mine worked with him early 80s .......she liked him a lot but said he was off-the-wall bonkers
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    edited September 2023
    Dominic said:
    Let's not forget Cupid Stunt.

Everett was a nasty, unfunny, wanker.  Michael Foot's stick?  Yeah right.  A very close friend of mine attended a dinner party many years ago at which Everett was a guest, and described him as a prick of the first magnitude.
    Offset said:
    Dominic said:
    Let's not forget Cupid Stunt.

Wasn't he married to Bernie Ecclestone's daughter ?
  • Have to say i always listened to his radio2 show in the early 80’s on saturday, he played some good music - blue monday etc
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    As a teen I LOVED his show! Such great fun. His two Bee Gee sketches were absolutely brilliant. I'm guessing the show hasn't aged that well (Like the young ones). Probably of its time.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    He was groundbreaking in his use of special effects in a comedy show.

I preferred the earlier series when it was just him and studio crew, you could hear them laughing during the programme.

Cuddly Ken on Capital in the 70s - World's Worst Record Show at the weekend.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I preferred the Benny Hill Show.
    Some of his sletches were really quite original.
    Not that I expect anyone to agree on that.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Sassafras said:
    Some of his letches were really quite original.
    FTFY.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Sassafras said:
    Some of his sletches were really quite original.
    Good news, he's back.

26 Funny British Tweets Because Funny British Tweets Are All We Have Left
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I liked the Kenny Everett show at the time, but I'm not sure I'd want to watch it now.  I suspect it hasn't aged well.
  • Loved the Kenny Everett video show  we used to talk about it at school next day 
      Hot gossip we’re lovely 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Maybe not a common thought amongst other members but I couldn't stand the guy or his shows - I recall an episode of Michael Parkinson and KE was a guest - Along with Roy Castle, Buddy Rich and Sammy Davis Junior - He was made to look very might ave at best amongst genuine talent