Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS Wienbrock Gringo Head with Master Volume and Half Power Switch £500 Notts or Weymouth Collection - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS Wienbrock Gringo Head with Master Volume and Half Power Switch £500 Notts or Weymouth Collection

Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
edited October 2023 in Amps £
A good friend is visiting soon from Weymouth. So quickish sale could mean collection from Weymouth

Wienbrock Gringo Head - Handwired of course -
The quality of Rob Wienbrock’s amps is well known on here, so I shall refrain from stating the bleeding obvious……

One of the later  iterations of the ME3 series which morphed into the Gringo series and you can see from the gut shot below the design progressed quite a bit from the earlier versions.
The other added feature is the Master Volume and half power switch that was added after market by the wonderful modulus amps

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1569412023073166.1073741834.161119120569137&type=3 

Don’t  know if the link will work but if you google Wienbrock Gringo Modulus Amps you will find it easy enough

The master volume means good tweedy tones, perfectly achievable in any setting, even indoors without risking an eviction order
It is so good some may not bother with the the half power switch, but it does offer some added, flexibility and usability late at night at home, for example. This half power  switch has been recently replaced and the circuit further modded by Old Amps to offer more reduction in volume and still maintain tone.

Quite a chunk of change was involved with this visit to the amp doctor, In addition to the half power mod, 2 new matching output tubes JJ 6L6GC I’ve been fitted and all aspects of the circuitry and pots/Switches attended to So it truly is firing on all four cylinders giving lovely Tweedy tones across a variety of volume contexts

No disrespect to the amp doctor, They can’t help being in demand, but as it took some time to get fixed, typical of me, I have bought something else, which whilst in some respects is  not as good as the Wienbrock, I bought New and would lose a significant amount if I sold that instead
And in fairness, I didn’t have an amp at all, so perhaps I can be forgiven
anyhow, in view of this fully Serviced and improved functioning and wanting to at least get something of the bill back, I’m looking for £500 for the Wienbrock

A few light marks but nothing troublesome

Mug of tea awaits in Nottingham for a good strum and a chinwag - a meet in the usual fretboard car park is possible if not too far away 

A good friend from Weymouth is visiting soon so a quick sale could mean Weymouth Collection

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• @beed84  :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    edited September 2023
    @beed84  :-)
    Thanks @DrCornelius. It looks great but I'd have to have a combo for convenience and togetherness B  GLWTS Martin, I'm sure someone will snag it soon enough :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Marshall DSL20 Combo added
    ((Wienbrock is off to the doctors)
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30192
    DSL 20 got a 10" or a 12"?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 152
    edited September 2023
    Beg Pardon @Gassage ,  it is a 12" Vintage 30, I should have stated that.
    Personal taste and all that but I don't get on with 10" amps, a couple of 2x10 I have tried are fine but I am mostly a 1x12 person (when I was young and healthy considerable more than 1x12..
    ;)  ) 
    Amended listing thanks to your good self.
  • Price Drop Bumpette
  • Ruby Tuesday bumperoo
  • Bumpo with trades option also
    Wienbrock finally back from the Doctors and back up for sale
    Just to say that The option to pick up the amp from Weymouth is only available for a sale organised by Saturday , as my dear friend will be leaving Nottingham on the Sunday