Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Music Man Luke 4 - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Music Man Luke 4

What's Hot
Looks like the new EBMM Luke has been formally released with three variations on the website now, HH, SSS and a 30th Anniversary HSS.
Site has videos of them:
https://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/luke-4-hh
https://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/luke-4-30th-anniversary

Anyone ordered one? They are not cheap!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    What we thinking, about £4.5k?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Available to pre-order through Andertons: The 30th Anniversary one at £4k, with the others £3.2k and £3.7k.
    How does this work with the Luke IIIs? Do they now come down in price?
    Doesn't look that way? Maybe they are completely different animals.
  • It’s just different wood and HT pickups isn’t it?
    I’m saving for a Luke at the moment…. Very slowly
  • Sigh, they used to be £800 all day long...
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Sigh, they used to be £800 all day long...
    You've got a better memory than me - I can't ever recall a new Luke under 1K - I can recall them in the £1300-1500 price range 

I sold a very nice Luke 2 the other day - They won't please everyone, in part to the neck profile and in part due to EMG's, but generally I never struggle to sell a used Luke
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • My favourite guitar playing colleague has been raving about these this morning. It's not my thing but clearly has a market! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    edited September 2023
    You've got a better memory than me - I can't ever recall a new Luke under 1K - I can recall them in the £1300-1500 price range 

I sold a very nice Luke 2 the other day - They won't please everyone, in part to the neck profile and in part due to EMG's, but generally I never struggle to sell a used Luke
    I remember nearly buying a Luke blue Luke II off you in 2006 for £699 Mark @guitars4you ;on one of the periodic price slash blowout e-mails you used to do.

I say nearly as someone inevitably beat me to it at that price, so I snagged a HSS American Deluxe Strat in Montego Black for £599 instead.  I'm sure both guitars will have been used stock, but the amounts noted help illustrate the staggering increase in pricing we all (rightly) moan about these days if nothing else.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sigh, they used to be £800 all day long...

I've just checked it out - its exactly the spec thats on my list - black sparkle, matching headstock, early 2000s, and pretty neck - ... and I completely missed it!

If that one boomerangs back to you - please let me know! :D 

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62, Vanguard.

Please drop me a message.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    edited September 2023

I was incredibly close to ordering a Luke III HSS for around £1700 not that long ago. Now I feel daft as the are a much higher price.
    tFB Trader
    StefB said:

I remember nearly buying a Luke blue Luke II off you in 2006 for £699 Mark @guitars4you ;on one of the periodic price slash blowout e-mails you used to do.

I say nearly as someone inevitably beat me to it at that price, so I snagged a HSS American Deluxe Strat in Montego Black for £599 instead.  I'm sure both guitars will have been used stock, but the amounts noted help illustrate the staggering increase in pricing we all (rightly) moan about these days if nothing else.
    I recall those ‘cash flow’ blow outs - I’m back of holiday later today so can find that on my stock book later - Still surprised so cheap and as you say ‘staggering’ difference- Even £599 for a USA Strat
    tFB Trader

I've just checked it out - its exactly the spec thats on my list - black sparkle, matching headstock, early 2000s, and pretty neck - ... and I completely missed it!

If that one boomerangs back to you - please let me know! :D 

will do but he sent me an email to say wow and thanks etc
    take care