Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). New HeadRush Core - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

New HeadRush Core

What's Hot

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    The Headrush Prime is a huge beast ala 'full' Helix size so at least the size of the Core is more sensible albeit it's still quite big for an MFX with no built in expression pedal.  The Prime is around £999, the Core is around £759 & then there's the smaller MX5 for around £419 if you don't need the vocal processor, expresasion pedal and all the 'extras'.   I'm sure there's a market for the vocal processor but it always seemed odd to me that Headrush built this into the new Prime/Core as I suspect most guitarists focus is probably more on amp/cab/fx.  

(I believe the previous Pedal Board and Gig Board are now discontinued albeit there may still be some NOS around) 

There will be different views here & I'm sure Headrush has done its homework, & time will tell - but I can't help thinking Headrush might have missed a trick in not (at least so far) bringing out a more stand-alone all in one guitar mfx unit (ex vocal processor) at around the £500 mark with an expression pedal & at least 6 foot-switches ala Boss GX100, Line 6 Pod Go and even the Valeton GP300, that you can gig without needing to add external volume &/or wah &/or expression pedals, or extra external foot-switches.    

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NickBNickB Frets: 156
    Looks like only one effects loop sadly this is a major fail imho....
  • HX stomp is still the King in my eyes 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    edited September 2023
    HX stomp is still the King in my eyes 
    Perhaps as an add on to a pedal board, but not as a stand alone gigging mfx because it has insufficient footswitches and no expression pedal. The XL has more footswitches but still no expression pedal and it's screen is still too small. It's also not as powerful as Helix Floor or LT and has fewer fx chain options. 

The Helix range and Pod Go means Line 6 pretty much has something for everybody, so it all depends on your needs and budget. 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Voxman said:
    HX stomp is still the King in my eyes 
    Perhaps as an add on to a pedal board, but not as a stand alone gigging mfx because it has insufficient footswitches and no expression pedal. The XL has more footswitches but still no expression pedal and it's screen is still too small. It's also not as powerful as Helix Floor or LT and has fewer fx chain options. 

The Helix range and Pod Go means Line 6 pretty much has something for everybody, so it all depends on your needs and budget. 

I should have said for the price point really ,which is important to me 
    Helix has such a wide range of models including stuff I like like tri chorus , fancy delays and reverbs ,detune etc .

I must admit though I’m always impressed when I see a demo of headrush stuff 
    and a fave guitarist of mine Nili Brosh was using one last time I looked 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    NickB said:
    Forgive my ignorance but why is this a fail? 
  • NickBNickB Frets: 156
    axisus said:
    NickB said:
    Forgive my ignorance but why is this a fail? 
    Because you can't insert your own drive pedals into the chain and use the effects loop of an external amp at the same time. Which you can do with a Stomp or HX effects.
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    The guy in the video has the worst relic’d fingerboard I’ve seen so far.