Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The very definition of egregious excess...? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The very definition of egregious excess...?

What's Hot
rze99rze99 Frets: 2005

https://www.carthrottle.com/news/very-orange-collection-aston-martins-auction

As part of a special commission, Aston Martin made no less than eight cars in a bespoke shade of orange for the “private gentleman,” ....with matching orange leather interiors.

They were ordered, received, never used, sat around for 10 or more years and now they are for sale.

Aston Martin The Orange Collection

2010 V8 Vantage Coupe
2010 V8 Vantage Roadster
2010 Rapide
2010 V12 Vantage Coupe
2010 DBS Coupe
2011 DB9 Coupe
2011 DB9 Volante
2011 DBS Volante

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• You've been Tango'd. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    I know a man in America who'd like these.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Thank god they're not white or we'd never hear the end of it.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Offset said:
    I know a man in America who'd like these.

That's because he could hide from the police by just standing next to one, something that I'd imagine he'd be rather keen on doing at the moment.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • They're 20 years too late to the party. Those would've been handy when the "You've Been Tango'd" ads were still popular.

Imagine if Trump walked past one of those. He'd disappear into the background and you'd just see a floating suit and trousers. 
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    They're all LHD, I'm out.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Seems sensible you me. Everyone knows the orange ones are the only ones that taste different. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    They're everything an Aston shouldn't be
    Astons should be British Racing Green with a deepTan Leather interior
    .......these look like wide boy Lambos not a gentleman's sports car/GT
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dominic said:

I actually think McLarens are the only other brand besides Lambo's that look right in orange, that's the colour I plan on painting my McLaren Senna body shell once the weather is right and I can get hold of the right paint.
  • All to Swiss spec?

Nice to know what stolen Nazi gold gets you these days.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    ^ not a million per cent wrong
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Dominic said:
    Trust me, you can't get a deeper (spray) tan than these have...