Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS/price enquiry - Japanese Fender Strat body - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS/price enquiry - Japanese Fender Strat body

What's Hot
jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 281
edited September 2023 in Parts £
All sorted.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Are those cat paws on the back?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Are those cat paws on the back?
    They were stickers, which were painted over!
  • jdbwales said:
    Are those cat paws on the back?
    They were stickers, which were painted over!
    Geez, another fake relic – if only it was the real thing!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    edited September 2023
    If it was a pre-cbs body… 2/3k because the world is mad. A poor old Japanese body like that I’m not sure. It’s is in tough shape. How did you end up with it? Interesting thing… 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Penn said:
    If it was a pre-cbs body… 2/3k because the world is mad. A poor old Japanese body like that I’m not sure. It’s is in tough shape. How did you end up with it? Interesting thing… 
    Yeah it’s seen better days! A guy who I do guitar tech work for gave it to me as he’d had it lying about for years on end, and had done the ‘customising’ in the 80s/90s. I was planning on getting rid of the red/pink, adding sanding sealer, scuffing, priming and painting it white but time is not on my side with 2 young kids and lots of work, plus I’d agonise over parts and it would make me get all OCD…would rather sell and put money towards something, or swap for something more complete so it gets some use and doesn’t just rot in my cupboard!
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    I’m sure in about 10 minutes someone like @ICBM will be along to tell you exactly where it’s from.