Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Boss Katana update? - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Boss Katana update?

What's Hot
spev11spev11 Frets: 214
I'm idly wandering around the workshop and one of the random thoughts that came to me is , given the new multi effect units from Boss are now using AIRD instead of the COSM modelling are we likely to see the Katana's getting an update?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• PALPAL Frets: 465
    That's exactly my own thoughts I'm sure it will happen soon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Given the AIRD tech is in the new low end Boss multi FX and Line6 have an amp with Helix tech in it I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

I'd be quite tempted if there is a reasonably priced head.
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 214
    I'd be tempted if they would put the bloody knobs on the front :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Given the AIRD tech is in the new low end Boss multi FX and Line6 have an amp with Helix tech in it I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Which L6 amp? 
    tFB Trader
    Given the AIRD tech is in the new low end Boss multi FX and Line6 have an amp with Helix tech in it I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Which L6 amp? 

Catalyst I believe.
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 70
    edited September 2023
    There was an excellent Boss Katana software/ firmware update around October last year.
  • Given the AIRD tech is in the new low end Boss multi FX and Line6 have an amp with Helix tech in it I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Which L6 amp? 

Catalyst I believe.
    Ah, I don't count that one - as far as I'm aware, the models are pre-set and it essentially functions like an analog amp rather than benefitting from ongoing HX firmware updates like the rest of the range? Still, I'd very much like to see a 'proper' HX-based amp.
  • spev11 said:
    I'd be tempted if they would put the bloody knobs on the front :)
    There Boss flagship Katana Artist combo and the new head amp have knobs on the front.
    tFB Trader

Which L6 amp? 

Catalyst I believe.
    Ah, I don't count that one - as far as I'm aware, the models are pre-set and it essentially functions like an analog amp rather than benefitting from ongoing HX firmware updates like the rest of the range? Still, I'd very much like to see a 'proper' HX-based amp.

But in essence that's the same as the Katana

It's a GT-100, but reduced to only allowing you to access some of the amp models fx and parameters.
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 29

Which L6 amp? 

Catalyst I believe.

But in essence that's the same as the Katana

It's a GT-100, but reduced to only allowing you to access some of the amp models fx and parameters.
    Not really. 

The Catalyst has 6 different amps, or sounds that are unique to it. The Helix involvement is with the effects that are onboard the amp. 

Its very much doing its own thing.

When the new amp was rumored I guessed that a POD type amp would be out, essentially a POD GO in an amp.