Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). So, How Many Actual Pedalboards Do You Have ? D'Addario XPND ? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

So, How Many Actual Pedalboards Do You Have ? D'Addario XPND ?

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
I always struggle with the constraints of a pedal boards size...

And when I play live, it tend to be quite economical in size.

But Im having a rethink, and might try a smaller board or two :)

Who of you has a smaller and larger board ?

PS - the D'Addario XPND look interesting... anyone use one ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I have 4.

Nano
    Nano+
    PT Jnr
    PT 2

The Nano+ gets the most use.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    edited September 2023
    The xpand would bother me as the bag doesnt adapt it's size.  It seems like it's a home use device.

Two boards because one huge board is impractical and it's fun to change things out and have something portable. There are duplicates, ao each board needs reverb, delay and drive, but after those three basic slots are filled you can have fun. Eg the second board has had swap outs for a tube bender and treble boost since that pic.

Not shown is my 3rd board (nano+) with a gt-1000 core for headphone practice and acoustic  gigs.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 3. Nano, Nano+, PTJr. 

Generally speaking the Nanos are for Guitar & Bass gigs. Jr is for home. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I have two.  One with HX FX and a Joyo American Sound only, and another with stompboxes - only because if I didn't put them on a board they'd just be in a box to be forever unused.
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1486
    Interesting thread. I've been toying with the notion of getting a second Metro (20, or 24) and having one board for in-the-loop-fx and the other for front-of-amp-pedals. Has anyone done this, as I feel it would be tidier cable-wise?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited September 2023
    I always struggle with the constraints of a pedal boards size...
    For what it's worth, I've got an idea in my head for a 3D-printed solution to this problem...and it's a lot cheaper than the D'Addario one.

Might try making it at the weekend.

As for the original question, I've got a Metro 16 and a Metro 20. I don't really use the 16, it's just sat in a drawer somewhere, but then my approach to pedals has always been fairly minimalist.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Kalimna said:
    Interesting thread. I've been toying with the notion of getting a second Metro (20, or 24) and having one board for in-the-loop-fx and the other for front-of-amp-pedals. Has anyone done this, as I feel it would be tidier cable-wise?
    I've never done it but I think it's a great idea - especially if you can power both boards from the same PSU (or if they're both on independent rechargable power supplies).  
  • Yes I do this. I've got a pedal board for gigging which is in a flight case, only 6 or 7 boss size pedals. It doesn't change much, I can add a trelicopter and/or a speaker emulator (Mooer radar) depending on what amp I'm taking.

Other pedals I have on boards which I use for recording, or just experimenting with. These are a bit more random and it's nice to have it all set up if I want a certain sound or just to try stuff out. 

Takes up a fair bit of room in the house though... 
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    I tend to have two, although one is in bits at the moment as I’m waiting for a new board I ordered from A&A. The only reason I have more than one board is because I have so many pedals that I like and it’s the most convenient way of being able to use them all regularly.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 263
    edited September 2023
    I have two - one for electric and one for acoustic .The electric one is bigger
  • One
  • I have 3!

A smaller one for gig/band practice. 
    An ambient one for when I'm feeling spacey and crazy when recording at home.
    And a moossive one for why the hell not. It's made tone research for the smaller gig/practice board. 
  • I have one everyday one for rehearsals/gigs, but I am building an absolute monster board with a switcher which I probably won't be arsed to take out the house. 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Only the one but I used to swap pedals in and out a fair bit depending on mood.
  • I have a PT classic which is big enough to accommodate more than I need but not so big as to be annoying if I only have 4 pedals on it. I do have a metro 16 in the cupboard with the intention of making a small gig board but I find the Metro layout less convenient so haven’t really used it. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    edited September 2023
    Nano - used to be my default

Xpnd 1 - now my default 

Rockboard 3.1 - with a QMX4 - currently disassembled 

Mahoosive live-in custompedalboards one (used to have a G2 in it, currently empty) 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    The xpand would bother me as the bag doesnt adapt it's size.  It seems like it's a home use device.

Two boards because one huge board is impractical and it's fun to change things out and have something portable. There are duplicates, ao each board needs reverb, delay and drive, but after those three basic slots are filled you can have fun. Eg the second board has had swap outs for a tube bender and treble boost since that pic.

Not shown is my 3rd board (nano+) with a gt-1000 core for headphone practice and acoustic  gigs.

The bags have an adjustable internal divider - any non-board room becomes storage for cables or whatever else - it’s a decent compromise 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    I have 3, and i only muck around at home!
  • @Wazmeister the XPND is a really neat idea, but the smaller one doesn't have a lot of clearance underneath - wouldn't fit a Zuma I don't think? (For reference)

• I have a Pedaltrain Classic 1 for live and home.  It's a bit big, I think the Jr is the ideal compromise size.
    Would be good to have a Jr and Nano plus as a basic quick grab and go option.

One advantage of the Classic is that it's heavy enough loaded with pedals to stop my Roland SPDKick moving around!
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2275
    edited September 2023
    I have 3..

Diago Showman -  CAE 404 wah, Boss TU3,  Wampler Paisley, Mad prof honeybee  deluxe, Old Rat pedal and then in the loop Boss DD500, Strymon mobius, and a BBE sonic stomp.

Tourtech board (in a bag so better for walking around with).  Use this for gigs where I may just use a clean channel amp, festivals, anywhere where I need to walk around (the showman is a bit cumbersome).  Boss TU3,mad prof green wonder, Barber Small Fry, Barber Gain changer, Newish (modded) rat.  In the loop have a nux lacerate boost, Boss DD500, Strymon mobius, and a mini  BBE sonic stomp.)  Off board I  have a BBE wah

Have thought about downsizing to one board but tbh I like having spares of things like DD500/Mobius etc, I like drive pedals..  and I use both boards for different bands.

Small Acoustic board ( Donner DB-2)  with a Fishman pro eq, TC Flashback 2 and a Boss RV6.

The Donner boards are really really good.  Very well made, great waterproof (allegedly) bag, and you get  patch cables, cable ties with it., a big band to put your power supply under.  I  Am extremely impressed with it and were  I looking for a bigger one would definitely look at these first of all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    I have the larger Xpnd and I like it a lot. Just a bedroom player, but one that has swapped in and out a bunch of pedals over the last few years and it’s been quite handy. It has fit both a surfybear reverb and a Victory pedalboard amp amongst more than a few others. It’s always the right size. I just wish it had a better underside mount for a power supply. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited September 2023
    My big board is a PT Classic 2. I literally ran out of space lol, probably for the best. I could use my analog modulation pedals but the M5 is fine

I have a Gorilla brand PT copy which is also quite big that I use for tracking, ie patching things without making a mess on the floor. It's way too heavy to use in the real world. 4/10 avoid

Then I have a mini Mooer thing which is cool. Then a single row T Rex Tone Trunk thing which is also cool but the bag is knackered. I need to get the zip fixed. You can fit a PSU under it even though it's single row. I used it at a lot of festivals, nice and tidy

I think I took my mid-sized Diago to the tip. Don't remember doing it but can't find it anywhere
  • Before I moved to Kemper 3 years ago I had the Diago gig man (the smallest sized one I think) with a very basic setup. Boss TU-2 tuner, Ibanez tubescreamer and NS-2 noisegate. Oh and the Peavey 6505+ footswitch as well and a Line 6 Relay G50 wireless receiver that was first in the chain powered by the T-Rex Fuel tank junior. Worked well and was simple.

In the previous band I would also have an EHX chorus and Boss DD-6 delay but I stopped using those effects once I joined a metalcore band as I was mostly playing rhythm.
  • I have four pedal boards I very large In flight cased ,One large In flight cased and two medium that can bolt together.
    Nothing on any of them at the moment though.
    I have a large on wheels Millennium studio rack with sliding shelves with pedals on which gets the most use.