Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tuner before or after Fuzz? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Tuner before or after Fuzz?

What's Hot
lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 263
I have been making some changes to my pedal board and no longer have my volume pedal and so the tuner needs to be in-line. I have the Magnetic Effects Black Moon Fuzz and a TC Polytune. 

Should I put the volume pedal before fuzz or elsewhere in the chain? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I have my Polytune before my fuzz. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Tuner first - fuzzes produce lots of harmonics and shash which can confuse tuners.

• Thanks - appreciate the advice
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    I always put fuzz first.  I thought the buffer in the tuner would mess with the fuzz (if Ge).
  • Tuna first. Saying that, sometimes I put my Wah before the tuner. What a thrill. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1128
    Fishboy7 said:
    I always put fuzz first.  I thought the buffer in the tuner would mess with the fuzz (if Ge).
    Same here, and turn the fuzz off to tune.
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 291
    Fuzz first.