Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How many frets !!!!!!!!!!!!! - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

How many frets !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
in Guitar tFB Trader
Bernth behind a three-neck-long acoustic guitar
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/bernth-worlds-longest-guitar - for the full article inc a YouTube clip
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    The use of the word “another” suggests that I should know who he is? I’ll wait for someone to summaries in the comments lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • He's an Austrian YouTube guitarist. He's actually a very good player
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    The use of the word “another” suggests that I should know who he is? I’ll wait for someone to summaries in the comments lol
    He tries to come up with unique ways to play and get sounds out of guitars, and writes music to showcase the sounds. 
    There's one where he fills an acoustic with water, and another where he cuts the headstock off an Ibanez with the strings still attached and plays it without a neck.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    https://www.guitarworld.com/news/bernth-worlds-longest-guitar - for the full article inc a YouTube clip
    Yes, but... why?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    DefaultM said:
    He tries to come up with unique ways to play and get sounds out of guitars, and writes music to showcase the sounds. 
    There's one where he fills an acoustic with water, and another where he cuts the headstock off an Ibanez with the strings still attached and plays it without a neck.
    Ta muchly :)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Utterly stupid. The kind of link I would never click on.

Sounds like he does lots of daft stuff. Fine if you like that sort of thing but it's a hard no from me.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    axisus said:

Sounds like he does lots of daft stuff. Fine if you like that sort of thing but it's a hard no from me.
    The piece he does on it is rather good. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    edited September 2023
    axisus said:

These are strange diversions of his indeed, but it’s worth visiting his channel , he does some great lessons and play along workouts with onscreen tab & covers everything from alt picking,legato , sweeping,tapping etc . These novelty anomalies are just a strange diversion , I guess to add a little fun . He’s got some really comprehensive teaching stuff 

the main focus of his channel is some very good tuition & advice 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    axisus said:

I can imagine someone saying this about Les Paul back in the 40's when he was coming up with wacky shit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    I like it, essentially 3 necks in one, rather than 1 long one.

I think it would be a lot more practical as a "conventional"  triple neck build though
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    Cost of a refret? 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    edited September 2023
    It would take a week with a fret rocker to identify high frets, and you would need to be on a skateboard to do a fret level.
  • Knowing me if I ever got to play that thing, the first tune I'd play on it would be Wonderwall.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I like Bernth.  He may do "daft stuff" but it's always musical and positive.  He has some great videos on his channel and I'm sure he's a fine teacher, although it's all well beyond anything I could ever do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 595
    I loved the track. Seems to me that wasn’t a “let’s build something stupid for a laugh” stunt, it was an interesting way of getting new sounds, which he put to good musical use. It’s not that different from a prepared piano in the classical world. He even managed to sneak in a lesson in how to count 7/8 which I appreciated.
  • Offset said:
    Yes, but... why?!
    Why not?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Don't like the headstock.