Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Are These Wattage Figures Right ? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Are These Wattage Figures Right ?

DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
Currently on the hunt for an isolated power supply and I’ve been eyeing up the Harley Benton ISO Powerplants but the stated max wattages seem a bit low to me.

For example this one

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_powerplant_iso_2_pro.htm

Max load 18w ? and from my rudimentary understanding of wattage it’s voltage x current.
Ah wait is it because 12v x 2a not mains voltage at 240v ? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 505
    edited September 2023
    I thought pedal PSU power was all down to mA as to how many pedals you can power. 

Though the internet told me this and it's never wrong. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The adaptor that supplies this unit is 24W i.e. 12V @ 2A ( P=VI or 24 = 12 x 2)

There is some loss in the system and there is a safety factor there probably that you shouldn't draw more than 18W across all of the DC output ports when summed together. There are a ton of permutations for how that could add up given the 9 / 12 and 18V output options. With the maximum 500mA on a single port that would equate to 4.5, 6 or 9 W respectively on a port at max load at 9, 12 and 18V respectively. The combos go on from there!!
  • And each of the isolated 9V outputs would be maximum 2.7W when drawing the max 300mA
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2969
    Am now thinking that the current is fine but if it comes with a Euro 2pin plug that’s going to annoy me 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    It does
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • DrBob said:
    Am now thinking that the current is fine but if it comes with a Euro 2pin plug that’s going to annoy me 
    And not legal for sale in the uk.