Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Where's Wally?* - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Where's Wally?*

What's Hot
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66841194

*Wally costing £65 Million and being one fo the worlds most advanced jet fighters. 
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Wild swimming...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1521
    I've got a thing on my phone that tells me where my kids' phones are. Clearly US military aren't quite there with their tech yet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Finders keepers. I'm not giving it back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Sassafras said:
    Finders keepers. I'm not giving it back.
    I'll trade you for my camouflaged model. 
  • Spain?
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    nero1701 said:
    Spain?
    Perhaps White Harmony nicked it in order to carry out their plan for world domination. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Maybe it's got one of those keychains that beeps when you whistle near it.  
    Everyone just whistle wherever you are.  Listen out for a beep.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    hopefully they don't lose another, to lose one jet is merely unfortunate...

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    "The pilot, who has not been named, ejected and parachuted safely. He is in a stable condition in hospital."

not that safely then?

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    Plane designed to be undetectable can't be detected
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Reverend said:
    "The pilot, who has not been named, ejected and parachuted safely. He is in a stable condition in hospital."

not that safely then?
    Being Not Dead is a successful ejection... the parachuting bit was safe enough :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Jono111Jono111 Frets: 135
    I assume they don't deduct the cost of the plane from his wages and how much trouble do you get into for losing one
  • Somewhere in Rural USA a local Militia group just got Christmas come early 
      Their snake handling  right wing Christian anti liberal  good ol boy prayers were truly answered 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I’m going with somewhere near that crater with a massive pile of flaming scrap metal in it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    I’m going with somewhere near that crater with a massive pile of flaming scrap metal in it.

You mean Swindon?
  • ColsCols Frets: 6405
    ICBM said:
    Reverend said:

not that safely then?
    Being Not Dead is a successful ejection... the parachuting bit was safe enough :).
    This.  Ejection from a plane is a violent event; the objective is to get the aircrew out of the plane and clear without killing them.

During ejection the pilot is subjected to vertical acceleration of around 18g, during which they’ll suffer spinal compression.  Spinal fractures are quite common, and some pilots end up permanently shorter after ejection.  

In fact, the physical effects of ejection can be so severe that pilots can only do it a few times before being ruled medically unfit to fly.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter