Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). POD Go footswitch assignment - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

POD Go footswitch assignment

Hi all, I'm really enjoying the flexibility of my POD Go Wireless, especially when it comes to assigning spare footswitches to effects parameters.

For example at the moment I have a switch assigned to the gain parameter on an overdrive block, meaning I can toggle between 60% and 100% gain levels for a solo boost.

What I'd like to be able to do however is to toggle between two levels other than maximum, say between zero and 50%, or between 25% and 75%, but I can't see any obvious way to do this in POD Go Edit.

Any ideas anyone, @Voxman perhaps?
Cheers.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• you should be able to adjust the upper most value by grabbing it and sliding right if I recall correctly
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • yockyyocky Frets: 744
    Yeah you can drag the white max and min pointers, but the max one is quite well hidden when it's at 100%. Confused me too.

Alternatively this is an even more user friendly way:

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    p90fool said:
    Hi all, I'm really enjoying the flexibility of my POD Go Wireless, especially when it comes to assigning spare footswitches to effects parameters.

For example at the moment I have a switch assigned to the gain parameter on an overdrive block, meaning I can toggle between 60% and 100% gain levels for a solo boost.

What I'd like to be able to do however is to toggle between two levels other than maximum, say between zero and 50%, or between 25% and 75%, but I can't see any obvious way to do this in POD Go Edit.

Any ideas anyone, @Voxman perhaps?
    Cheers.
    Easily done - you just assign a footswitch or expression pedal & adjust the top/bottom sliders in PG Edit as per your preferences. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    Cheers guys, I didn't see the max slider either, but will have a better look when I'm back home in a couple of days. 
    Found the max slider. it really is well hidden, although I have eyesight issues at the moment too, which doesn't help!

So here's why I wanted it;
    I've set up a dual delay, one of which is a 100ms slapback, and the other is tap tempo delay with a little more feedback.
    I have the slapback set to 35% mix at maximum and 0% at minimum, and I've set the tap delay to 30% on the minimum slider but 0% on the maximum, effectively reversing the footswitch function from the other, and I've triggered them both with FS7.

This means that FS7 now toggles between slapback and tap tempo, effectively giving me two different delay pedals in one block. 
    Funnily enough I was going to mention the ability to assign multiple parameters (even across different blocks) to the same footswitch, and reverse the max/min. Not that impressive I guess, but not bad for what is a pretty cheap bit of kit second hand these days.

Pretty simple to free up some more effects blocks as well if you need by exporting an existing preset and editing it in a text editor. Frees up any or all of the dedicated Wah, FX Loop and Volume Pedal blocks.
    yocky said:
    Funnily enough I was going to mention the ability to assign multiple parameters (even across different blocks) to the same footswitch, and reverse the max/min. Not that impressive I guess, but not bad for what is a pretty cheap bit of kit second hand these days.

It's something I'm going to experiment with more I think, the ability to use a footswitch for either/or effects rather than just on/off is a bit of a novelty for this old fart.
    :)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    p90fool said:
    Found the max slider. it really is well hidden, although I have eyesight issues at the moment too, which doesn't help!

So here's why I wanted it;
    I've set up a dual delay, one of which is a 100ms slapback, and the other is tap tempo delay with a little more feedback.
    I have the slapback set to 35% mix at maximum and 0% at minimum, and I've set the tap delay to 30% on the minimum slider but 0% on the maximum, effectively reversing the footswitch function from the other, and I've triggered them both with FS7.

This means that FS7 now toggles between slapback and tap tempo, effectively giving me two different delay pedals in one block. 
    The great advantage of using external momentary switches is that these can be used in any mode without having to switch between snap, preset or stomp modes.  Perfect for a clean or gain boost for lead solos too. 

The disadvantages are that FS7/8 do not appear in the display and because momentary switches don't usually have LEDs, there is no way to see when these are engaged.  Because of this I've fed back to the Line 6 Beta team the idea of an indicator in the display to show users when these are on/off. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    Can I ask a follow up to the pod go experts -  is there a way to assign the footswitches so you can instantly access 6 presets or snapshots?   Looks like you can do this in stompbox mode but presets and snapshot modes only have 4 available. 
    John_P said:
    Can I ask a follow up to the pod go experts -  is there a way to assign the footswitches so you can instantly access 6 presets or snapshots?   Looks like you can do this in stompbox mode but presets and snapshot modes only have 4 available. 
    paging @Voxman .......

I'm pretty sure that isn't possible. There are 32 banks of 4 presets and each preset has 4 snapshots, so all that seems hardcoded.