Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Thunder! - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Thunder!

What's Hot
BrioBrio Frets: 1499
Epic lightning and rain here in Ash, looks even more spectacular to the south.
Curtains open, lights off and enjoying the show over Surrey/Hampshire 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    Just coming into Surrey now and as you say, quite spectacular. Lots of regular rumbles as it gets nearer but no big thunderclap as yet.

The dog is going ape-shit!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    We got the lightning way before the thunder - East Hampshire, a few miles from the Surrey border. I thought the papperazzi were in the garden again. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1066
    edited September 2023
    We were woken up by an almighty crack of thunder at about 2am. Torrential rain too but a boozy afternoon meant I was able to drift off easy enough. There's a warm sunshine this morning which is drying the ground up fairly quickly. Love this weather
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Todays APOD picture has red sprite lightning:

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/2309/SpriteTree_Villaeys_1333.jpg
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    edited September 2023
    We were women up by an almighty crack of thunder at about 2am. 
    I LOVE being women up by an almighty crack. Makes my night!

Sadly, the original post has been edited which means that my comment doesn't make sense anymore. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    They did a great version of 'In a broken dream '
    I prefer it to Python Lee Jackson /Rod
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
     --4--0--7--0--4--0--7--0--4--0--7--0--4--0--7--0--4--0--7--0--4--0--7--0--
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    We were meant to be going to Essex today to see the in-laws at the seaside.

We made it to the local village before realising that if it was hard to see where we were going at 20mph, the M25 might not be a happy place and postponed.

That's when my MIL said she'd baked a lemon meringue pie for us. She bakes a very fine LMP. I nearly insisted we carry on anyway.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Epic electrical storm here in the Cotswolds at around 01:00.  Never seen so much thunder and lightning with such frequency.  I was expecting the dogs to go potty but we didn't hear a peep out of either of them!
  • Yea was a great storm! 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Roland said:
    Todays APOD picture has red sprite lightning:

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/2309/SpriteTree_Villaeys_1333.jpg
    Ooooo! Sky Jellyfish!
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    A loud crack of thunder decided to unleash itself right outside my room this morning. It gave me a right fright! But it's all worth it if churns out astronomy photos like that. Amazing!
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    I read that word,and my brain immediately follows it with 'nah nana nah nana nah na' and visions of Brian Johnson. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Missus munckee admitted recently that she never knew that thunder and lightning were the same thing.  
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Just read this about the sprites: 
    • Jellyfish sprite – very large, up to 50 by 50 km (31 by 31 mi).
    Wowsers!
    munckee said:
    Missus munckee admitted recently that she never knew that thunder and lightning were the same thing.  
    Well, technically...  
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    I sleep with a CPAP machine that pump air into my mouth and nose all night, when I wake up and go to sit on the throne the thunder is biblical.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    Brio said:
    munckee said:
    Well, technically...  
    One is a rock band, the other is a gladiator.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter