Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bassbreaker 15 - Preamp Pedal in Effects Loop - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bassbreaker 15 - Preamp Pedal in Effects Loop

DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2239
edited September 2023 in Amps
I did have a search of old threads on here and other forums, but I do know that effects loops can vary between amps.

Amp is a Bassbreaker 15 head (with the "fixed" effects loop).  I am not running any other pedal into the FX loop except for the preamp pedal which is a Tech 21 Oxford pedal with a single input and single output.

Here is a snapshop of the amp circuit showing the input, FX send and FX return.
https://i.imgur.com/5vLSzg7.jpg

Signal chain goes like this:
Guitar > Tuner > A/B box > Output A goes to amp input, Output B goes through preamp pedal into FX return.

I can get Output B to work with the preamp pedal, but nothing from  Output A.

If I unplug the FX return jack, guitar works fine into the front of the amp.  I have tried plugging a spare cable into the FX send (no luck) as the effects loop obviously "sees" if you are plugged into the front of the amp.

4CM won't work as I have nothing to plug back into.

I think I need some sort of loop switching pedal...

Any advice gratefully received...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Others will be better at reading schematics than I, but plugging into either the send or return will break the direct connection between the pre and power sections of the amp.  So you can't feed the amp's power section with both the Tech 21 and the amp's preamp simultaneously.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2239
    Ok, somewhere or other, I do have a plug with two inputs and a single output (pretty sure it is mono),

That would let put the preamp output and jump across between the FX send and FX return.