Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I used my helix live for the first time - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I used my helix live for the first time

Used my my helix lt live for the 1st time ever last night. And it was, fine ! 

I’ve had the helix for maybe, 4/5 years? Pretty much only use it for practice at home (semi detached house with thin walls). Was very useful when teaching over lockdown ! 

My normal gigging pedals are a wah ( on the blink ) some type of boost ( rc booster or spark boost, always on as a buffer/slight tone shaper) a tubescreamer ( I’ve got ts5 and 9, both are being weird) and occasionally some type of delay . As I’m lazy, I have no board or power supply, just batteries and lump everything on the floor. 

I recreated my fx in the helix about an hour before leaving, wah, always on kinky boost, tubescreamer, vintage delay and (for fun) a tremolo. All via stomp mode.
 I remembered being annoyed by bumping the big volume control when taking to a few rehearsals, so I found a video how to disable that. 
Sound was good, the delay and tremolo were ace. I need to match the boosts to my current pedals sounds.

The only problem I encountered was when mashing the buttons with my size 12’s I occasionally hit the bank up/down buttons a couple of times. I do this at home too, but to get out of it I just press (with my finger ) the home button. Harder to do mid song. Wah was a bit stiff too, so might need to loosen the treadle.

I still think I might get a helix fx just for size, or maybe a pod go? Will give it a couple of more gigs and decide. Was super happy, tho. Will give it a coupe more gigs and decide.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Took a while to try it out! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• I still think I might get a helix fx just for size, or maybe a pod go? Will give it a couple of more gigs and decide. Was super happy, tho. Will give it a coupe more gigs and decide.
    Maybe try the HX Stomp with a dual momentary footswitch extension. That's how I ran it, with a pair of external delays, and I got all my amp sounds from the Stomp as well. Most portable, usable rig I've ever had...all on one board (including the amp).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • willowillo Frets: 240
    Took me years to use my LT live too. But it was excellent and so so easy to use. Snapshots in particular. 

• I still think I might get a helix fx just for size, or maybe a pod go? Will give it a couple of more gigs and decide. Was super happy, tho. Will give it a coupe more gigs and decide.
    Maybe try the HX Stomp with a dual momentary footswitch extension. That's how I ran it, with a pair of external delays, and I got all my amp sounds from the Stomp as well. Most portable, usable rig I've ever had...all on one board (including the amp).
    Hmm. Maybe ? I don’t want to use it with extra pedal, tho. I think the stomp is just one line of the helix? If so, it’d be fine. Just a bit on the pricey side. They go for about the same money I bought my lt for (admittedly, quite a few years ago). Food for thought.