Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Engl amp problem, help! - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Engl amp problem, help!

What's Hot
StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
edited September 2023 in Amps
I was using my Powerball earlier and all was well. Just went to play through it now and I'm getting no volume at all on the high gain channels, but I am getting normal volumes/tones from the clean/crunch channel. Any one experienced this? Sounds very odd to me

Edit: Now I'm not getting volume on any channel but I do get volume when plugging into the FX return. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 70
    edited September 2023
    If it’s a valve amp?
    You should probably check them.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Well I've just took all valves out and checked them, nothing obviously wrong. Put everything back and now I'm getting sound from the clean/crunch channel. It's jut the high gain channel I'm not getting any sound from
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1569
    Stevepage said:
    Well I've just took all valves out and checked them, nothing obviously wrong. Put everything back and now I'm getting sound from the clean/crunch channel. It's jut the high gain channel I'm not getting any sound from

Did you put the valves back in the exact positions you took them out of?
  • After much trial and error, it was a bad preamp valve. Releaved
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter