Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A Salutary Tale of Guitar Shipping - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A Salutary Tale of Guitar Shipping

What's Hot
ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 468
edited September 2023 in Guitar
I just got hit with an extra fee for a guitar I sold on Ebay and shipped using Evri because of the size. 

Many of you may already be aware,  but for those of you who aren’t, when they define the maximum size they talk about the longest allowable single dimension, and then the overall size. I didn’t realise that the overall size is the sum of the two shortest sides DOUBLED plus the longest side. I thought it was just the sum of the dimensions.  It doesn’t make much sense to me,  but there you go ….
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Plus, you used Evri. Bad idea in the first place. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    More surprising if it arrives intact...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • It did, apparently.  I’ve had no problems shipping with Evri, tbh.  And my tale of woe is tempered by the fact that the additional fee plus what I originally paid for shipping was still less than my buyer paid. 

Yeah, dunno why I posted, tbh.  

Sorry to have bothered you all! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter