Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Martin’s new OMJM - Acoustics Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Martin’s new OMJM

What's Hot
I don’t think there has been a post on these new Martin omjm models?

when I first saw the photos I thought it was a black n white shot at a glance.  Kinda crazy looking but kinda cool also.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 182
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Hmm, I'm not keen. 
  • In early...bag of popcorn...go!
  • Got to say - I quite like the grey burst 
  • Not sure what they're like in the flesh, but that photo is messing with my head...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I like it and they are going to look great when the lacquer ages a bit. The large Martin UK tax is obviously a turn-off. As 3999 in the US  4600 in the UK. I did wonder if the greyburst  is real as Martin has their new modern version of photo flame which they use on the Street Master relic range but I imagine for 4k it will be a real spray finish but as much as they are different I think in a good way.

• EvansDrD said:
    Got to say - I quite like the grey burst 
    I don’t ‘more-than-4K’ like it though 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bit weird eh. I'd prefer it if the centre were lighter and the burst edges darker but it could look even more silly. 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    The one in the foreground isn't that bad.

The hideous one on the chair is the OM - 45 John Mayer. Only £20k.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 595
    The expensive one looks cool. The expensiver one looks too blingy and less cool. imho.
  • DavidRDavidR Frets: 595
    edited September 2023
    .....or buy an OM which is better value (although not grey) which will give you just as much as fun and have has just as a nice a tone when you are well over having a grey guitar!   

Larrivee Limited Runs & Special Editions | OM-03 - Peach Guitars
  • Just awful imo. But they'll sell loads to Mayer fanboys
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    DavidR said:
    .....or buy an OM which is better value (although not grey) which will give you just as much as fun and have has just as a nice a tone when you are well over having a grey guitar!   

More fun actually. :) The OM has a proper 44.5mm nut. The grey thing has one of those awful cramped-up 42.9mm ones. Yuk!* If you gave me one I wouldn't play it more than once or twice a month.

But I quite like the grey, as it happens, and of those two I prefer the all-grey one, not the one with the stands-out-like-dogs-balls timber headstock. In general I dislike sunbursts and always dislike paint on timber instruments and don't care at all for stains ... so call me Mr Inconsistent.)

* YMMV.
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 182
    Seeing as these are only meant to be in production for one year only as a limited model I wonder how many there will be for sale?  They Could be worth a nice profit in a couple years as the omjm is always sought after on the used market.
  • If a guitar died and came back as a ghost, that's what it would look like.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter