Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NGD! 2019 Gibson R8, 8lbs and ringy - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NGD! 2019 Gibson R8, 8lbs and ringy

What's Hot
fendermadlewisfendermadlewis Frets: 612
edited September 2023 in Guitar
Just picked up this outstanding 2019 R8. I played it a few months at someones house while picking up another guitar and knew there was something special about it. Wicked top, much nicer new 59 shape, 8lbs on the nose, very resonant and now loaded with a set of Throbacks. Even Mr. Clive Brown proclaims this a burst killer... it certainly gives off some of those vibes! 

Cranked up through my '67 super reveb. No pedals  B

Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
  Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• fendermadlewisfendermadlewis Frets: 612
    edited September 2023
    Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Looks great man. Congrats!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Lovely. HNGD.  :-)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    The uncovered bridge pickup looks class.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Username change in order? ;)

Well, that's a handsome guitar. Enjoy a very HNGD.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Awesome man well done
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    Nice!
  • Very

Nice

Indeed!

Enjoy.
  • Great score, dibs!
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    edited September 2023
    Very, very nice, HNGD  3  - if it was mine (if only!) I'd want a matching p/up cover on the bridge p/up as I'm really not a fan of open p/ups on a Les Paul, but hey that's just me.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    Yeah, that's sick! 
  • nice. lucky the sticker is on the case or you may forget what it was  =)
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    Love the open bridge pickup too. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4400
    Loobs said:
    Funny isn't it that some folk like open pickups whilst others don't.  I'm not even keen on open pickups on my 2002 PRS Cu24 but at that time that's just how they were. 

Of course I appreciate that some players prefer the tone from open pickups, so I'm just coming from a purely aesthetic rather than sonic perspective. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikePMikeP Frets: 22
    Surely the ringy sound is the lingering effects of the cranked super?
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    I played it a few months at someones house while picking up another guitar
    Wow that's a very accommodating seller!  =)

Seriously though, that's lovely  =) That's a pretty nice top for an R8 too, I thought they were usually plain tops? (I may be totally wrong about that!)

Voxman said:
    Loobs said:
    Funny isn't it that some folk like open pickups whilst others don't.  I'm not even keen on open pickups on my 2002 PRS Cu24 but at that time that's just how they were. 

Of course I appreciate that some players prefer the tone from open pickups, so I'm just coming from a purely aesthetic rather than sonic perspective. 
    Yeah I prefer the look of covered on most "classic" guitars but suspect I prefer the tone of uncovered...