Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Are any of the cheap mini noise gate pedals any good? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Are any of the cheap mini noise gate pedals any good?

What's Hot
LewyLewy Frets: 3795
I see a couple on Amazon by Donner and Rowin that come in around the £25-30 mark. 

Anyone got one - positive experiences? Or do you really have to pay more to get decent performance?

Ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I don't know about the mini ones, but the Behringer NR300 is on Amazon for £25. It's a copy of the Boss pedal and it works really well especially if you put dirt pedals in its loop. I have one on my board right now. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I don't know about the mini ones, but the Behringer NR300 is on Amazon for £25. It's a copy of the Boss pedal and it works really well especially if you put dirt pedals in its loop. I have one on my board right now. 
    I have one I'm not using - and you're just up the road, I think @Lewy ?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    edited September 2023
    I don't know about the mini ones, but the Behringer NR300 is on Amazon for £25. It's a copy of the Boss pedal and it works really well especially if you put dirt pedals in its loop. I have one on my board right now. 
    I have one I'm not using - and you're just up the road, I think @Lewy ?
    Hey there! It looks like we are close to each other yep. I ordered one from Amazon as I saw a fellow forumite say they work! 
  • Ha!  Too quick!

(You're supposed to wait until we've all had a massive discussion about the minutiae of every pedal on the market before actually buying one.  ;))
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4389
    A touch larger but the mxr smart gate was excellent. Especially at the end of the chain where you could control the delay repeats with how closed the gate was
  • LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    Arrived today, got it on the board this evening. Put my drive pedals in the loop as @Grumpyrocker suggested and it works exactly as I hoped it would.

I probably will upgrade to the Boss it’s a copy of at some point as it‘s not the most rugged thing, but don’t need to worry about that as it’s not like I have any electric gigs. 

Happy days! Thanks for the input.