Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Showing off . . . - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Showing off . . .

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086

Current pedal set up, the phrase "more money than sense" springs to mind ;) 

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10211
    That poly thing looks cool. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    Nice
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    More buttons than sense maybe  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 557
    edited September 2023
    So many knobs.
    That's what she said. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • all that and no MIDI controller. What madness is this. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Love it.

how’s the Poly Paul ?
  • Chasing the bliss? How do you find the dipswitches? I always found those a bit fiddly to access. Also not tempted to try midi syncing the lot?
  • I genuinely have no idea what any of those are! I don't even recognise a single brand. I feel like a savage amongst connoisseurs on this forum 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Very impressive! I kind of want to hear what it sounds like with them all on at once. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    Love it.

how’s the Poly Paul ?
    I like it a lot, but I still haven't had time to properly expore it yet.
    Chasing the bliss? How do you find the dipswitches? I always found those a bit fiddly to access. Also not tempted to try midi syncing the lot?
    I don't mind them - I'd rather have those extra options than not, though I don't tend to dig too deep with all of the combinations.
    I genuinely have no idea what any of those are! I don't even recognise a single brand. I feel like a savage amongst connoisseurs on this forum 
    Other than the Poly Flat V bottom right they're all made by Chase Bliss, though some are in collaboration with other pedal makers.
    all that and no MIDI controller. What madness is this. 

I had a midi controller but sold it - I'm happy without at the moment but I expect I'll get another one at some point :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    "Option paralysis" springs to my mind!
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    Sassafras said:
    Exactly.  I wouldn't know where to start!

Very cool array of pedals though.  Wish I'd hung on to my purple knobbed Spectre. They're bloody expensive now!
    edited September 2023
    Fishboy7 said:
    Sassafras said:
    Exactly.  I wouldn't know where to start!

Very cool array of pedals though.  Wish I'd hung on to my purple knobbed Spectre. They're bloody expensive now!

They are, the amount paid by the owner of that one will shock you.

I do have a Reverse Mode C on pre-order, a Blooper, Habit and two Mood Mk1s still in their boxes and a wishlist which includes the Warped Vinyl Hi-Fi, Tonal Recall and Brothers, so the Chase Bliss bug has well and truly bitten, but in my defence they do bring me joy and I don't spend money on much else (apart from Telecasters, and I've exhausted my desire to keep adding more of those).

I haven't recorded any music this year but fully intend to add to the Bandcamp album total next year (it currently stands at 213) once I've decided where I'd like to take things. It would be all too easy to keep churning out the same stuff so I'd like to mix it up a bit with some different instruments and maybe a new approach.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    edited September 2023
    I genuinely have no idea what any of those are! I don't even recognise a single brand. I feel like a savage amongst connoisseurs on this forum 
    There are only 2 brands on that board.  But I never seen the Poly until now either.

I could make a CBA board that few can come close but that's another thread 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    There are only 2 brands on that board.  But I never seen the Poly until now either.

I could make a CBA board that few can come close but that's another thread 

You can show off here if you like, it's a safe space :)

I don't know if we've ever seen all of yours laid out at once, but I know we've seen them in their boxes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Needs more Miku. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Sporky said:
    Needs more Miku. 

You are correct, of course.
  • I genuinely have no idea what any of those are! I don't even recognise a single brand. I feel like a savage amongst connoisseurs on this forum 
    I wouldn't worry. They're all Boss clones anyway.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 182
    Turn all the knobs to max what happens?
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3674
    looks like you've got room for a lot more pedals on there

I do have four more of those stands :)