Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Take my money! - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Take my money!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 27656

I'm not into manufactured guitars since I started building my own years ago, and despite the thread title I wouldn't actually buy one of these, but bloody hell do I love them!

I would never buy an actual EVH Frankenstein guitar with stripes as I totally can't play like him, but this seems far removed enough for me to not feel too bothered.

I think that White edges it for me, but maybe red ...

Here's some blurb;

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/evh-frankenstein-relic-series-2023-launch?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=guitarist&fbclid=IwAR2gApc0cSJtIaZOdjr_NMnoE0nnTzJ9WXP0e_yN0VhxG5MYcTyNn3WxS1M

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited September 2023
    I'm not a widdler by a long shot but I quite like those. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    I’ll blindfold one of my children and have them knock one up for you. 

* I actually kinda like it too  :3
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    The one I had here had a terrible factory setup, needed a fair bit of work to get it playable.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Nah.  I look a bell-end with most guitars in my hand but I'd look a prize 'un with one of these.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Why'd they look so messy?
    What's up with the wiring?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    The neck pickup, although not connected, has plenty of wire so that with a bit of soldering you can use it if you want a two pickup guitar.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    Sassafras said:
    The neck pickup, although not connected, has plenty of wire so that with a bit of soldering you can use it if you want a two pickup guitar.
    I thought they were dummy front pickups in these? 
    tFB Trader
    This guy wired his up 

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
    Evh models are just the new Dimebag Darrell models... 
  • Overpriced tat
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

• TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Those are spectacular.

Well, OK, spectacularly awful.

I have probably seen uglier guitars but I can't remember when.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 2910
    edited September 2023
    I like the vibe but in my head never associated EVH with a Fender headstock. I’m sure this is incorrect but to me the Frankenstrat always had the Kramer droopy headstock
    On another tack if I felt I wanted a guitar like this I would assemble it myself from parts, don’t think I could bring myself to actually buy one . 
    On tack 3 $1600 is really a piss take 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hang on, it comes with a pickup that's installed in the guitar but not connected to anything?? Is that right? The world's gone mad. 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    nah mate
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    You can have them
  • KevSKevS Frets: 309
    It kind of misses the point..It's like painting a Rolls Royce with Grey Primer and charging twice as much for it..
    The whole DIY aesthetic of the guitar is that the looks are only functional..
    Why Kramer kind of nailed the idea with the one pickup Baretta or was it the BC Rich Gunslinger,
    but it didn;t have a copy of the pointless bits..They also looked better....
    I hate Floyds,so I don't know all the particular models..
    I think the Black And White version of the same guitar looked miles better..
    Eddie apparently turned it into the second version so no one would copy it..
    It seemed to work for at least a while because it looked so hideous,but admittedly a cool statement saying electric guitars are for playing,,not for gazing upon...