Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB (tentative): PJE Oz T - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB (tentative): PJE Oz T

What's Hot
For some reason*, I have got it into my head that I would like a Telecaster of some description 

Trouble is that I never seem to get on with Fenders

I do, however, like the looks of those there PJE Oz T guitars that come up for sale from time to time on here 

Just checking on the off chance that somebody might be looking to move one along? I don't think I am too fussy on colour but I do like the sunburst ones and I even like the black dog hair that everybody seemed to hate on the PRS T-style guitars 

*that reason might be a rare day off and a chance to think about things that really matter! Or it might be that a friend said 'get a tele not another archtop'. Maybe it is an impending mid-life crisis. It is probably a combination of all the above. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 751
    edited September 2023
    They're amazing guitars!

I seem to recall that Sound Affects have 1 or 2 second hand ones in.

Edit, they have 2 but this one is particularly cool:
    https://www.soundaffects.com/pre-owned-c101/2020-oz-cabronita-in-goldtop-pre-owned-p20464

And Music Street have this one, which is equally cool:
    https://musicstreet.co.uk/products/used-patrick-james-eggle-oz-t-thinline-firemist-silver-30798
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    edited September 2023
    EvansDrD said:
    I do, however, like the looks of those there PJE Oz T guitars that come up for sale from time to time on here 

Just checking on the off chance that somebody might be looking to move one along? I don't think I am too fussy on colour but I do like the sunburst ones and I even like the black dog hair that everybody seemed to hate on the PRS T-style guitars 
    They're not actually 'doghair'...just a 'grained black' which usually reveals a nice one-piece slab of ash which lets the patenated brass scratchplate really pop

It's a very nice tele...the specs are usually PJE's 'vintage style' rather than their 'modern style'.

Right, that's it: mine's coming out to gig on Friday now!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Pat makes lots of configurations.
    Single coil, H/S, H/H, filterton, wide range humbuckers, thinline, solid, drop top.

What spec are you after?
  • I had a notion of one a while back but they all seem to have a V neck profile
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EvansDrD said:

They're not actually 'doghair'...just a 'grained black' which usually reveals a nice one-piece slab of ash which lets the patenated brass scratchplate really pop

It's a very nice tele...the specs are usually PJE's 'vintage style' rather than their 'modern style'.

Sounds perfect! Is it for sale ?! 
  • chris78 said:
    Pat makes lots of configurations.
    Single coil, H/S, H/H, filterton, wide range humbuckers, thinline, solid, drop top.

What spec are you after?
    Single coils - of some description including P90 or CC

And ideally a ‘slab’ body…no thinline, no droptop
  • EvansDrD said:
    EvansDrD said:

Sounds perfect! Is it for sale ?! 
    Hell no...I was just throwing a little more info into the thread! ;)

I traded my PJE '96 for it last year and instantly felt more at home on it.

Some of the 'used' shop prices are proper steep ;-/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter